Question about Uniworld

lis1407

Hello,

Question about Uniworld's" River Baroness"river cruise.

We booked ( 12/15/2016 ) "The Impressions of the Seine"from 7/5/2017 till 7/14/201 on the Baroness.

THIS CRUISE AND THE RIVER BARONESS DISAPPEARED FROM THE UNIWORLD WEBSIDE.

Has anyone any idea what's going on?

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Gilbert

Since the Baroness is one of the two ships which will be refurbed for Uniworld's new "U" experience, maybe they took it out of commission early. It's possible they will move you to their new ship, since the itineraries were very similar.

Robin

Did you call?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

I contacted my TA this morning.

He received a email yesterday night (local time)asking to contact Uniworld asap, without giving a reason.

Because of the time difference,he can call them at about 5pm(LT)

Gilbert

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

News from my TA.:(

Uniworld cancelled all cruises on the Baroness.

They offer the 8 days Paris to Normandy (2 or 9 july 2017 )+2 days hotel stay in Paris + upgrade.(from 5 to 4/3 or 2 )

In fact they change 2 days cruise in 2 days hotel.

Give up 2 cruise days for 2 days in a hotel doesn"t appeal us.

For us Paris is a 3h30min.drive.

The only benefit is the upgrade,in my opinion not very intresting,is that correct?

Gilbert

Hi

News from my TA.:(

Uniworld cancelled all cruises on the Baroness.

They offer the 8 days Paris to Normandy (2 or 9 july 2017 )+2 days hotel stay in Paris + upgrade.(from 5 to 4/3 or 2 )

In fact they change 2 days cruise in 2 days hotel.

Give up 2 cruise days for 2 days in a hotel doesn"t appeal us.

For us Paris is a 3h30min.drive.

The only benefit is the upgrade,in my opinion not very intresting,is that correct?

Gilbert

Since the cruise you booked is no longer on their website, what are you missing on those 2 days? Is there a way to do the cruise only, without the 2 nights hotel stay? (For my husband and I, being from the states, we would love 2 nights in Paris, in fact, we did 2 nights on our own prior to our Baroness cruise last year). Was there something you were hoping to see that isn't on the new itinerary?

Having sailed on the Baroness last year, I will say it was tight. The cabins were incredibly small, so, yes, upgrading to a new ship would be a big plus.

(And, we are planning a Belgium land tour in the future, for your beer:-) )

Robin

Since the cruise you booked is no longer on their website, what are you missing on those 2 days? Is there a way to do the cruise only, without the 2 nights hotel stay? (For my husband and I, being from the states, we would love 2 nights in Paris, in fact, we did 2 nights on our own prior to our Baroness cruise last year). Was there something you were hoping to see that isn't on the new itinerary?

Having sailed on the Baroness last year, I will say it was tight. The cabins were incredibly small, so, yes, upgrading to a new ship would be a big plus.

(And, we are planning a Belgium land tour in the future, for your beer:-) )

Robin

Hello,

We just like to cruise,we do not like to stay in an hotel.

We are missing two days cruising.

We can visit Paris every weekend if we would want.

We asked for a better offer on the15 days France cruises,and they will look into it.

You are right about the upgrade.

If You visit Belgium for the beer,You will be very busy,because we have more than 2000 different brands now!!Cheers.

Gilbert

Hello,

We just like to cruise,we do not like to stay in an hotel.

We are missing two days cruising.

We can visit Paris every weekend if we would want.

We asked for a better offer on the15 days France cruises,and they will look into it.

You are right about the upgrade.

If You visit Belgium for the beer,You will be very busy,because we have more than 2000 different brands now!!Cheers.

Gilbert

Got it! 15 days would be great.

There is actually a tour company that does several beer tours of Belgium throughout the year. We have looked at one which includes the Bruges Beer Festival in the late winter, and another which visits the Trappist Breweries. I wonder how many we could sample in a week?

Best of luck getting the cruise you want.

Robin

Got it! 15 days would be great.

There is actually a tour company that does several beer tours of Belgium throughout the year. We have looked at one which includes the Bruges Beer Festival in the late winter, and another which visits the Trappist Breweries. I wonder how many we could sample in a week?

Best of luck getting the cruise you want.

Robin

Hello.

Uniworld's offer for the 15 days France cruise was a joke,so we asked our TA to cancel our cruise.Pity.

About beer,

a must:West Vleteren, hard to find, very limited production just enough to keep the monastery alive ( best beer in the world for many years in a row ) also Duvel , Kwak , Gouden Carolus , Leffe , Trappist Westmalle dark and tripple blond and 1994 others.

Have a nice day

Gilbert