Which Ship/Line?

RG306

Hi everyone!

We're planning our 2018 Family Cruise and I'm at a loss :confused:

Some background, we have Royal Caribbean (Oasis & Independence), Celebrity (Reflection) and Princess (Caribbean). Everyone loved Oasis, she was magnificent. Independence, the service was amazing, we enjoyed the ports, entertainment felt flat. Caribbean Princess won me on the itinerary, food and service. The Reflection fell flat across the board, we had a great time but the ship just didn't wow us at all. Royal Caribbean seems to be the favourite for our group because of the activities and entertainment.

For our next cruise, I was really hoping to do a Southern itinerary mainly because of my love for the ABC islands however I have been outvoted and we're looking at the bigger ships :rolleyes:. The "must haves" are nightly entertainment, good food (options), nursery, and a waterslide :cool:. So we're looking at the Harmony OTS, NCL Escape or Carnival Vista? Has anyone experienced these ships? We've never sailed Carnival or NCL but NCL's promos are appealing. Thoughts? Give me the good, bad, and ugly :p!

Thanks in advance :D!

I can only speak to the Carnival Vista... She is a really nice ship. Large, but I did not feel like she is to large.

There are a lot of things and places that you can go at night, from the Havanna bar with a live band, Ocean Plaza with bands, Red Frog Pub with a solo guitar, the liquid lounge for dancing, piano bar, comedy clubs and often time the Atrium with music also. You can also experience all the dining options Carnival has built to date on this ship, lots to eat, lots to do.

During the day there is a nice water park, the sky ride, a ropes course, basketball, lounging, mini golf, even bowling at sea and pools. They also have an IMAX theater that we saw first run films in.

The negatives for this ship, in my opinion is that there are a lot more people on this ship. Not always did I feel crowded, but there were people everywhere all the time. The food was good, but not the best I have had. I am not a huge fan of their new American Table concept.

All in all, We are doing another 8 day on the Carnival Vista so I would recommend it.

I can only speak to the Carnival Vista... She is a really nice ship. Large, but I did not feel like she is to large.

There are a lot of things and places that you can go at night, from the Havanna bar with a live band, Ocean Plaza with bands, Red Frog Pub with a solo guitar, the liquid lounge for dancing, piano bar, comedy clubs and often time the Atrium with music also. You can also experience all the dining options Carnival has built to date on this ship, lots to eat, lots to do.

During the day there is a nice water park, the sky ride, a ropes course, basketball, lounging, mini golf, even bowling at sea and pools. They also have an IMAX theater that we saw first run films in.

The negatives for this ship, in my opinion is that there are a lot more people on this ship. Not always did I feel crowded, but there were people everywhere all the time. The food was good, but not the best I have had. I am not a huge fan of their new American Table concept.

All in all, We are doing another 8 day on the Carnival Vista so I would recommend it.

Were any of the activities an extra cost? We're not against paying extra for certain experiences but I'd like to have an idea going in. Also can you make recommendations for cabin location this ship? We love our unobstructed oceanview balconies!

I don't think any of the mega ships go to the ABC Islands. I shopped around. There are a couple of Carnival ships and Celebrity mid sized ships that go there and I'm sure there are more, but did not find any of the new large ships that go there. I have the Equinox booked for a great price with perks. I see you did not like Celebrity though. :(