Taxi to Orient Beach only

ParrotheadG

I apologize if this has been asked, but I haven't been able to find it. Can someone give an estimate of the taxi fare for two from the port to Orient Beach only? We we will be there on a Saturday in March, if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Usually at the taxi stand at the port they will load up the van cabs so would normally be travel with others. Seems like about $10 pp doubt you will find a cab for just 2 going to Orient. They all want to load up.

We always like to go to Kon Tiki or the places around it at Orient.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They WILL take two if you insist and it costs around $20 total plus any tip. Likely in a sedan rather than a van. If you wait for at least 6 passengers in a van then it is $7 per person plus any tip. Tell the official dispatcher you want to go ASAP if you get tired of waiting.

Previous poster is correct they would rather fill a van and unless you are really in a rush it doesn't take long, particularly in the morning. Return rates are same. Make certain the license plates say T or TAXI on return trip.

If you search taxi in this forum you should find posts of photos showing the government controlled rates

Last there this past November so rates should be okay