Post cruise 2nts FLL

kensington31

If you can still get the good deal on Hyatt Pier 66 I would take that one. I just ran a faux booking for late May and didn't have any problems.

We went for hyatt 66 pre cruise as you recommended ;) now we have post cruise to sort out we are now thinking maybe a beach hotel....do you know anything about Sonesta? it looks very nice with great views etc but what's around it to do? We quite fancy a beach hotel now so if this is no good where else would you recommend :confused: Thank you

We went for hyatt 66 pre cruise as you recommended ;) now we have post cruise to sort out we are now thinking maybe a beach hotel....do you know anything about Sonesta? it looks very nice with great views etc but what's around it to do? We quite fancy a beach hotel now so if this is no good where else would you recommend :confused: Thank you

The Sonesta used to be the B Ocean, but that Flag went down to the other end of the Strip a couple years ago to what used to be the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. They just finished the remodel so you might take a look at that hotel as well. I don't have any personal experience with either property, but I'm sure someone has.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/iconic-yankee-clipper-hotel-being-reflagged-as-b-ocean-resort-fort-lauderdale-7133043

The Sonesta is across A1A from the beach while the new B is on the beach side of the road and easy walking distance from the Hyatt Pier 66. What I found odd about what is now the Sonesta is they do not have balconies. The rooms that face the ocean have nice big windows but you can't step outside to enjoy the view. While the pictures on the Sonesta's web site look stunning, they are Photo-shopped and the view from the windows are nothing close to what it appears. I hate hotels that are that dishonest. I once raised a big stink with Hilton Corporation about the deception of the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls and their Photo-shopped windows.

Check to see what kind of rate you can get at the new B. It would be a lot more convenient to the beach.

• 1 month later...

So glad we went with Hyatt 66 we checked in yesterday and omg we are blown away by this hotel location is just perfect for us and the views from our 15th floor room are amazing! We also went to pelican landing last night and had the fish tacos they are a must for anyone visiting might even go again tonite 😊

If you can still get the good deal on Hyatt Pier 66 I would take that one. I just ran a faux booking for late May and didn't have any problems.

Pier 66 has been sold and the uncertainty of what is going to happen to it is probably driving prices down. If your dates are for this March, 2017, then I don't think you will have any problems since that is only 60 days away and too soon for major changes to the property. l

I spoke to the VP recently and he said there are no changes coming, the new owners for the future plan on keeping it a Hyatt. Upgrades to public spaces. I hope they don't take out that cool lobby window.

To the OP, so glad you chose that hotel! Lots of family memories there for me!

S3 in the Hilton Beach is one of my favorite restaurants. That or Steak 954. Both overlook the ocean and have amazing food.

• 3 weeks later...
Fantastic! What did you choose for post cruise? Would love to hear your thoughts on that when you are done!

Happy Cruising

Post cruise we went for The Savoy on ocean drive just off 5th street.

Great location for the beach and just a few minutes walk to the lively restaurants on ocean drive.

Not really to our liking and I doubt we will stay on ocean drive again,it was very busy with teens and young 20 somethings driving in very expensive cars and revving engines every 2mins.