Morocco and Canary Islands booked for next month all advice is helpful thanks

fvandewouwer

I have calculated the distance to Vegueta and it is a long way so we probably walk to Vegueta and take a local bus or taxi back.(or vica verca )

El Teide is what I really would love to see but independently ... we have about 6 hours ( a little more but I do not want to miss the ship ) so not enough time to check out local transportation or renting a car Will be looking for a tour ( 4x4 would be great ) at this time found nothing and the roll call .... not much activity on it Will take a look at the ship's tours ....

Alhambra really seems nice and we will be in Malaga again when we do the TA later in April so we'll decided to wonder around Malaga this time and go to Alhambra on our next cruise

All of the other ports on this itinerary (not sure about Alicante), you can easily walk into town. In Las Palmas, Vegueta is a long walk from the ship, but there are lots of buses going that way. As for Malaga and Tenerife, it depends on your port times, but if you have enough time, heading to the Alhambra and Teide is much more worthwhile in my opinion than just staying in town. You can ask if anyone on the roll call is setting up private tours, but in cases like this where the destination is a couple of hours away from the port, a cruise ship excursion is justifiable.

I would highly recommend doing a tour with Daniel Madeira Taxi in Funchal. It was the best day we had on this cruise & everyone in my group could not believe how much we saw for such a low cost. I usually am a proponent of the hoho bus but in this instance I would book this tour if you can. I think our drivers name was Emmanuel & he was awesome.

We went to Teide with Jeep Tours Tenerife. It was very cool to see but it was a very long day.

I did a food tour in Malaga with We Love Malaga that was really good too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, if I remember correctly the distance from the port in Las Palmas to Vegueta is about 10 km. I danced all that distance once, many years ago during Carnival. There are plenty of buses and taxis are cheap in the Canaries.

In Funchal we did a tour with Madeira Happy Tours, which was excellent and after lunch also managed to fit in the HOHO bus.

There are jeep safaris in Tenerife which go to Teide, but I think they return too late for you.

Have a look on Tripadvisor on the forums for each island. You may find some information on there that is useful.