Booking optional excursions on Avalon

Canada 59

How long do you need to book optional excursions before your cruise. I want to take the Sound of Music tour from Passau. Do they have a limit they take and sometimes sell out?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe that Avalon opens up things on the web site about 3 months before departure. We've only done one Avalon cruise, and none of the tours sold out. We only had about 80 people on a boat that would hold 128, so that may not be a representative cruise.

It is very seldom (in my experience) that optional excursions sell out. It seems more common that they are cancelled if there is lack of interest.

This is for all lines - not just with Avalon.

Fran

How long do you need to book optional excursions before your cruise. I want to take the Sound of Music tour from Passau. Do they have a limit they take and sometimes sell out?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with other members that they seldom sell out. Many times I have seen them add another bus if more people want to go. The option to book ahead of time allows people to pay at that time rather than wait and pay at the end of their cruise,as a convenience.

Cole