Family Harbor Suite 2425 review

Kristenfish79

We sailed on the Vista during Christmas in the FHS 2425. The Family Harbor area is awesome. We ate breakfast in the lounge every morning. Very easy. We also had afternoon snacks. Very good. The suite was a great size. Loved it. There was a bad smell in the bathroom but they finally cleared it up around day 3 or so.

So cabin 2425 is under the galley. More specifically the pot washing station. We heard banging from about 4:30am till about 1:00am. At times the walls and floor would shake. It was like a dishwasher being tossed down a flight of stairs. We got very little sleep. The lack of sleep caused us to not do a lot of things we would have liked.

I just wanted people to be aware. I hope this saves someones vacation.

Thanks for the warning. I'm a light sleeper so this would definitely ruin my vacation. I would hate coming home from vacation exhausted from lack of sleep and having to go right back to work. :( And I've been thinking about trying out the Family Harbour suite. I'll definitely be checking out the location of mine if I get one. With cruises I've learned that what is located above and below your cabin is very important. ;)

We sailed on the Vista during Christmas in the FHS 2425. The Family Harbor area is awesome. We ate breakfast in the lounge every morning. Very easy. We also had afternoon snacks. Very good. The suite was a great size. Loved it. There was a bad smell in the bathroom but they finally cleared it up around day 3 or so.

So cabin 2425 is under the galley. More specifically the pot washing station. We heard banging from about 4:30am till about 1:00am. At times the walls and floor would shake. It was like a dishwasher being tossed down a flight of stairs. We got very little sleep. The lack of sleep caused us to not do a lot of things we would have liked.

I just wanted people to be aware. I hope this saves someones vacation.

It seems the Vista has a lot of undesireable cabins.

We had 2421 on our Med Cruise, and while I heard some noise about half of the nights of our 10 day cruise, it mostly started about 4 in the morning till late in the morning. We were off the ship the rest of the time and never heard it at night till early morning.

But if you are looking for a FH suite, you won't find any of them that are NOT under the galley. Very poor design for guests who pay a bit more for a suite.

Thought I would jump in as well. We had 2431, a FH Suite on the Repo cruise. Even with ear plugs, a fan, and white noise machine, it was still horrible.

I second the mention of a dishwasher being tossed down the stairs.

Paid a premium - got very little sleep.

Thanks for the post. Could you confirm the time you posted...4:30am till about 1:00am...meaning almost ALL the time???

We are in 2429 in 2 week and are very much looking forward the trip. We've never brought a fan before, but now I'm bringing that plus have downloaded a sound machine app to help with the potential noise issues.

For those of you already past final payment in one of these suites, I have a suggestion to help cancel out the noise. My teens have slumber parties a lot and I have to get up at 5 am for work. I tried everything to help block out the sounds of them running around giggling, playing music, squealing loudly during games, etc. Yes I know, I could ban the sleepovers or yell at them to be quiet. But they're super good kids that work hard to get straight "A's" and have perfect attendance so I think they deserve their little parties. :)

I went online and bought a soft lightweight headband that has speakers built into it. The speakers are right by your ears and syncs with your phone or iPod. I downloaded a sleep machine app that plays white noise, rain, fan sounds, ocean sounds etc. and it works perfect. Nothing wakes me up when I wear them. Except the alarm i set on my phone (I sync mine with my phone.) Now I let my teens blast music and dance and be super loud in the room right next to mine because it doesn't bother me anymore. :D I hope this helps some of you. Happy cruising.

Thanks, OP and JAS1178. Based on your experience, I switched my family harbor oceanview from 2535 to 2463. Now I'm under the dining room instead of the galley. Should be much quieter!!! (no charge to switch, and I even picked up $50 in OBC since that's being offered now, and wasn't when I booked last week!):)

We did talk to the people in 2429 and they also heard the noise. It was all day. Every day. We tried to take a nap but we heard it then also. It is much worse after the meals.

We were booked in a regular balcony first. Then these opened up for groups smaller than 5. We paid a chunk of change to move. I wish we had just stayed. The Family Harbor area is a great idea. Just a major flop putting cabins there.