Antigua Ship Tour

WahooNKS

Looking for a review of the Antigua Champagne & Lobster Catamaran Cruise offered by Oceania. If anyone has done this tour, I have a few questions:

What tour company does Oceania use?

Are the cats called Mystic I & II?

How many people are on the cat?

Did it feel crowded?

If you didn't use the ship's tour, did you find another company and have a good time?

WahooNKS

Edited by WahooNKS

Hi WahooNKS,

I'll be on the March 16 Oceania cruise. I booked an independent catamaran cruise in Antigua with Tropical Catamaran Sailing http://www.tropicalcatamaransailing.com/#!"cades-reef--beach"-lunch-cruise-6hr. The company gets good reviews and James is really easy to work with. The cost depends on the number of people and includes lunch and taxi fees.

We did the Champagne and Lobster Catamaran in November. It was on Regent, but I am sure Oceania will use the same outfit.

Yes, it was Mystic, large catamaran, but it did not feel crowded. Lobster meal was very good (and food line very well organized), drinks were free flowing, the crew was great.

We thoroughly enjoyed our day even though we are not 'beach people'.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not wanting a booze cruise with deafening music, I put together a group from my Cruise Critic roll call and we chartered a crewed catamaran from Wadadli Cats. Our group of 12 had the boat to ourselves. (The 55 foot boat would normally have at least five times the number of people.)

We sailed, snorkeled, had a nice lunch and drinks which they supplied, and had plenty of room to spread out. They supplied all snorkel gear. Those who wanted sun had sun and those who wanted shade had shade.

We also had time to get to know each other, rather than be thrown in with a huge crowd.

The cost was around $100 per person for the entire day.

We did this excursion on Saturday. The company was Mystic tours. There were about 20 people on the cat; it could have fit at least 40 so it didn't feel crowded at all, but it was a struggle to find shade. We stopped at Turner's beach first. It was pretty crowded with some folks selling aloe and coconut water on the beach. We were there about 45 min so it wasn't worth renting a chair. Our cat got caught up in the swimming bouy and it took awhile to get it freed which ate into our time at Deepwater Bay beach. Lunch was very good and drinks were readily available. The music was loud and toward the end it did start to feel like a booze cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums