Oasis "first night done right"

So should I book a particular restaurant (ie, Giovanni's) for the first night if that is where I want to eat or should I just not worry about it and dine wherever we can get in on this plan? I have already booked and paid for FNDR for our 5/7 cruise. Maybe by then some questions will be answered with more certainty.

So should I book a particular restaurant (ie, Giovanni's) for the first night if that is where I want to eat or should I just not worry about it and dine wherever we can get in on this plan? I have already booked and paid for FNDR for our 5/7 cruise. Maybe by then some questions will be answered with more certainty.

From what I understand the promo for First Night Done Right is a grab bag.

The ship will assign a specialty restaurant to you on day one once you board

the ship.

I have also read that if you don't like the choice, you can cancel and receive

an OBC for that prepaid offer.

Still so new, not sure what to expect. Will find out soon. ;)

I just bought FNDR for our family's cruise on the Serenade in March. It was $15pp. I already paid for it, so not $30pp with $15 obc. I had to pick our dining time, but they will assign us either Chops or Giovanni's. Seemed pretty straightforward to me, but I will print everything out in case there is an issue.

Is the BOGO offer only available once you board? That was not a pre-pay option when I bought the FNDR.

...Seemed pretty straightforward to me,...
Have you read this thread?:confused:

The whole thread is about how FNDR is NOT straightforward.

It is advertised as "from $15", not merely "$15".

It is advertised as "save 50%"

People on this thread have reported they they were NOT assigned a restaurant, but had to pick one after boarding.

Don't be surprised if you have to pay a surcharge at Chops.

Not even the ships can agree on what it means.

Good Luck:rolleyes:

Have you read this thread?:confused:

The whole thread is about how FNDR is NOT straightforward.

It is advertised as "from $15", not merely "$15".

It is advertised as "save 50%"

People on this thread have reported they they were NOT assigned a restaurant, but had to pick one after boarding.

Don't be surprised if you have to pay a surcharge at Chops.

Not even the ships can agree on what it means.

Good Luck:rolleyes:

Yeah, I expect I will find some hassle on this one. At 15.00 prepaid, if they pull anything

funny, I will just cancel and have them credit my OBC. No big deal I guess. Then I will

simply use my first and second night BOGO. Giovanni's is the same price anyway, so no

real loss there. ;)

Edited by island lady

Hoping that anyone sailing in the next couple of weeks comes back with updated reports on how FNDR is being handled on different ships.

We will be 3 sailing in April. Mom is D+ so we have one BOGO to use either first or second night. If we take FNDR, we'll book BOGO for night 2 (formal night). I'd like to find out if it is indeed a $15 OBC that, depending on the restaurant, either ends up covering the entire thing (for a $30/pp cover charge restaurant) or provides OBC towards the price (for a $42/pp charge, that is then offered at 50% off so $21/pp) with additional then being due.

Since we are 3 people, it might be better to do the more expensive dinner up front with the prepaid $15/pp. Example...we book Chops at $42/pp cover. For 3 people that's $126. Offered at 50% off for the night, so price is now $63 for the 3 of us, and we utilize the $45 we've prepaid and an additional $18.

If we booked Chops on the BOGO, we pay $42 for the first person, $0 for the second person, and $42 for the third person, making the meal $84 in total. So the first case offers a savings of $21 by using FNDR in a more expensive restaurant.

It works out the same even with a restaurant fully covered by the $15/pp pre pay. Since we're 3 people, we always do better on the FNDR than with the BOGO.

I think I just answered by own question about whether to do it or not but I'd still like to hear what others are experiencing.

We purchased first night done right for our 12/11 cruise on Allure. Founnd a message when we board confirming dinner at Sabor (which we didn't want since we had a comp lunch at Sabor) so we went over to Chops and asked if we could switch the reservation there and they said as long as we were willing to dine at 8:30, which we were, and we had a great first night at Chops for !5 per person (yes we tipped extra)

We purchased first night done right for our 12/11 cruise on Allure. Founnd a message when we board confirming dinner at Sabor (which we didn't want since we had a comp lunch at Sabor) so we went over to Chops and asked if we could switch the reservation there and they said as long as we were willing to dine at 8:30, which we were, and we had a great first night at Chops for !5 per person (yes we tipped extra)

That's good to hear they were congenial about it! :) Hope Oasis is on top

of it also. ;)

Well... guess what folks.

First night was indeed done right. Went to CP150, no additional charge other than the $2.36 for the CP Martini (DX drink package).

Sent from a mobile device

OMG!! Wow, I hope I get that lucky on the 22nd with my

prepaid "First Night"! :)

Was that the restaurant they assigned you, or did you ask to change from

assigned pick?

Great deal indeed! Thanks so much for the update, and I am assuming you enjoyed! :D

Just off the Oasis today. I bought the "first night done right" prior to our cruise. There wasn't a notification in our state room when we boarded on January 15th.

Our reservation time was 5:30pm. We went to Chops at 5:30pm and they said they would seat us. There was no additional cost just the $15 pp plus tip. Had a wonderful dinner.

On Oasis right now.

Went to 150 CP after finding no notification in our cabin on check in for our

prepaid "First night done right" to make reservation for 7:30. After some

difficulty with the man at the podium who tried to tell us we would have

to pay more, his manager came up and said to honor the prepaid set up, as

that was what they were doing since the program is so unclear.

Was a bill for zero amount, then we added tip. No extra charge.

I am guessing the wording for this promo will change to spell out the extra charge

later.

BTW: Meal was not as good as previous. Win some..lose some.

On Oasis right now.

Went to 150 CP after finding no notification in our cabin on check in for our

prepaid "First night done right" to make reservation for 7:30. After some

difficulty with the man at the podium who tried to tell us we would have

to pay more, his manager came up and said to honor the prepaid set up, as

that was what they were doing since the program is so unclear.

Was a bill for zero amount, then we added tip. No extra charge.

I am guessing the wording for this promo will change to spell out the extra charge

later.

BTW: Meal was not as good as previous. Win some..lose some.

Island Lady, Are you going to be posting anything else live on board???

Have family on board and curious how the weather is?? I know you changed Bahamas to San Juan due to the storm off Florida. Was the start of the cruise rocky??

Please share anything you have time for.

thanks

Island Lady, Are you going to be posting anything else live on board???

Have family on board and curious how the weather is?? I know you changed Bahamas to San Juan due to the storm off Florida. Was the start of the cruise rocky??

Please share anything you have time for.

thanks

Yes, the whole night we were "rockin' the house" but with the ship this big...

(kind of like "tank at sea" ;)) I didn't really notice it much. Some might, but

I didn't . Wind and driving rain most of the night, impossible to enjoy the

balcony as the stuff was coming all the way to the patio doors. Walking around

Park Avenue was like walking in the rain. Not from the sky, but from the hot

tubs and pool above blowing water off the surface and flinging every where. :eek:

We are seeing a bit of sun peeking out now at times, but still high winds. Upper

decks are closed off, and of course no Aqua Theater show last night.

Edited by island lady