Has this ever happened to you?

aam3

We just got off the Ecstasy and had a great cruise, but on the final night there was some commotion. At 3:45 am some alarms started going off then all power went out. Our stateroom lost power, the hallways and outside lights went dark and strobe/search lights on the outer decks turned on. Some announcements were made for different crew members to go to different parts of the ship and passengers all down our hall started coming into the halls to see what was happening. The lights were only off for a few minutes, but the alarms continued for another 10 minutes or so. This was my 15th cruise, but the first time anything like this has ever happened. Nothing was said about it the following morning. Is this a rarity or does it happen more often than we realise?

While this as never happened to us on a ship, I've noticed in our area at home that the emergency teams (fire, police) have been on some serious maneuver detail lately, testing response times, getting from point A to point B, etc.

My first thought was after the FLL shooting yesterday that perhaps even maritime is going through maneuvers.

Safety first.

We were on the Ecstasy with you and noticed the power outage as well. I'm curious as to where your cabin was, as we didn't hear any alarms or anything from where we were (empress deck aft). My wife was having trouble sleeping that night and I just coicendintally woke up right before it happened. The only way we even noticed that it happened is the little USB night light we had turned off and we noticed that the air conditioner turned off. We never heard anybody in the hallways and after a couple minutes the power turned back on.

Don't know what happened but I bet most people slept through it.

We were on the Sunshine over Christmas and the power went off a few times, but it was at Breakfast and no alarms. The generators kicked on an announcement was made that there were issues. The power came back on and then went off yet again. Some folks actually got stuck in the elevators. The generators stayed on for quite a while and then finally the issue was fixed. I am glad it didn't happen to us in the wee hours of the morning. I am also glad you all fared well during your outage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Ecstasy with you and noticed the power outage as well. I'm curious as to where your cabin was, as we didn't hear any alarms or anything from where we were (empress deck aft). My wife was having trouble sleeping that night and I just coicendintally woke up right before it happened. The only way we even noticed that it happened is the little USB night light we had turned off and we noticed that the air conditioner turned off. We never heard anybody in the hallways and after a couple minutes the power turned back on.

Don't know what happened but I bet most people slept through it.

We were deck 5 mid (but closer to the aft elevators). The alarms seemed to be coming from mid ship. Maybe they were just a Main deck thing.