Anthem of the seas must do's

We were Anthem last March and will be going again this April. They had DD last cruise and now they changed just to Traditional and MTD. We did Chops which was good and we did Jamie Italian and IMO it was ok. We also went to the Pub, which was good.

The best show, IMO, was the Spector's we will try and see it twice this time around. The other shows are just ok.

We loved this ship the cabins are really nice.:)

We've been on Anthem twice, with the second time just this past Christmas/New Years.

Wonderland was very nice. Not sure if we would do it again, but I appreciated trying it once.

Definitely pre-book North Star and iFly online. People without reservations had to go standby, which meant waiting to see if there were no-shows or if groups didn't want to be broken up.

The shows were .. interesting but still worth a look. The Gift is confusing but a beautiful set and great music. Spectra's Cabaret was strange, but I'm glad we saw it. Don't expect much of the storyline for We Will Rock You. Go for the Queen music.

270 is spectacular. During sea days, it is very peaceful and calm to just sit and look outside.

We didn't try the bumper cars but they looked like a lot of fun. Someone mentioned there were no lines on the first day.

My goal is to put together a review, so I'll get some more thoughts gathered.

Sailing on Anthem this summer for the first time. Which restaurants were your favorite?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just returned from Anthem on Dec 9th. Dined mostly in Coastal Kitchen in the evenings - if you have a suite it is a very good dining experience.

We liked Wonderland for a unique experience and nice food presentation.

We enjoyed Jamie's Italian - most people rave about the lamb chops there.

We avoided Windjammer - never could find a seat even at dinner.

Instead we ate breakfast and lunch at either Cafe 270 or Solarium Bistro,

Cafe 270 has breakfast sandwiches and paninis - but roast beef sandwich is a must! Solarium Bistro has a breakfast buffet, salad fruit and bread bar.

For a treat go up to the Sea Plex to the Dog House for different selections of hot dogs and sausages. On At Sea days go to the Grande for lunch and try the very plentiful salad bar there - or order from the menu. Sorrentos is always available for small sandwiches and pizza and sweets and coffee. The patisserie/starbucks has more pastries and B&J ice cream cups (for extra charge). A lot of very nice food selections and venues throughout the ship especially if you want to venture from the craziness of Windjammer.

We were on Anthem recently too, and 270 was our go-to in the mornings for a simple breakfast and R&R later in the day..Loved it !

Jamie's was great too, Izumi's not to be missed. My wife and I aren't that fussy, the main dining rooms were fine for us but sometimes it's nice to spend a little extra and enjoy what's offered..

and honestly, the hotdogs by the bumpercars weren't bad at all ! :)