Wine Package on The Regal ??

New Cruiser Girl

The wine package is only available on 10 day or longer cruises

After reading this thread, I went to Princess's site. They do not offer a wine package for a ten day cruise or any other. Is it only available on board, by chance?

Bill

P.S. We travel for 10 days at the end of Feb. and I used the standard information as well as the "personalizer" offers.

Edited by spearmint

We were on the Emerald two years ago on a 7 day cruise and asked to purchase a wine package. The waitstaff all seemed perplexed but eventually they were able to round up a card and sold it to us. I think on a 7 day you just need to push a little to get one.

WOW...that's good to know !! But it's so strange be on the 10 Day cruise on the Emerald two years ago, I could only buy the pkg at the Main Dining Room and it seemed like it was a big deal to get it. What gives ? Why is it such a big secret or no one seems to know what's up with that?

We were on the Emerald two years ago on a 7 day cruise and asked to purchase a wine package. The waitstaff all seemed perplexed but eventually they were able to round up a card and sold it to us. I think on a 7 day you just need to push a little to get one.
I believe you were very lucky. There have been a very few (1or2) scattered reports posted on CC of being able to purchase the wine package on 7 day cruises but that is not the norm. We we B2B on two 7 day cruises and the wine package would have been convenient. We went directly to the Maitre 'd but were told no. Published information, which is hard to find, states on 10 day or longer cruises only.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have had the all-inclusive beverage package and loved it. You can have ANY type of beverage including fancy coffees and teas, drinks, wine, even may be used at Gelato bar. Nice to have at dinner because you can order all through dinner, drinks, wines, after dinner drinks. You can easily spend over the approximately $55.00 (includes 15% tip) :):)a day if you order throughout the day. 5 drinks a day would be the same price as the beverage package. Good to consider!

After reading this thread, I went to Princess's site. They do not offer a wine package for a ten day cruise or any other. Is it only available on board, by chance?

Bill

P.S. We travel for 10 days at the end of Feb. and I used the standard information as well as the "personalizer" offers.

It's only available onboard and only through your dining room waiter. If s/he is newish (or maybe has only done 7-day cruises), they may not know about it and you'll have to ask them to ask the headwaiter. However, once that chore is handled, you'll love having it. My favourite thing is how easy it is to buy bottles that are over the price limit of your package -- you're only charged the difference, not for the whole bottle. It's a great deal.