New England Cruise Packing List/Suggestions?

My husband and I are sailing on Anthem of the Seas in late June. We will be stopping in Bar Harbor and Nova Scotia. Anyone have any clothing suggestions for this Tennessee girl? :p

I have looked around online and found suggestions for October in New England but nothing during the summer. :confused:

Thanks y'all!

Honestly if you're going as far north as Bar Harbor I'd pack a few sweaters or fall type jacket. We camp in southern Maine in July and I wear a sweatshirt every night and every morning. For years I swore it never got 'hot' in Maine. Well I now can say it does get hot BUT also cools off quickly at night. Expect night temps that far north in the 60s or perhaps upper 50s even

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a very similar itinerary in June two summers ago. And of all the cruises we have taken, it was my FAVORITE! The weather was fantastic, but far from temps Caribbean.

So from this Florida girl, note that the water temps are COLD! We did an excursion to Cape Breton Island to see the puffins on a gloriously sunny day. The water temp was 55 degrees, so although the air temp got up to the low 70s, it was super chilly on the boat. If I had been in Caribbean shorts, tshirt, or sundress, I would have ben an icicle!

We found morning temps in the 40-55 degree range and afternoon in the 70s. So take layers!

We'd start our days ashore with jeans topped with a Tshirt, button up shirt, and sweater, windbreaker, or sweatshirt. By the time we made it back to the ship, our backpacks would be full of discarded clothes.

Just check the long range forecast before you leave, and be sure to take layers!

Late June will be summer here in the northeast so temps will be in the 70s. - 80s. You can pack like you would for the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm a Mississippi girl who moved to Connecticut and I can say it's not like the Caribbean in June. My husband you is from Chicago also agrees. You will probably need a light jacket. The humidity is nothing compared to the south so that makes it cooler. In the day time, in the sun it is very nice. The nights can get cooler. Check a farmers almanac. They usually have temps for year round. Shorts are ok. Capri pants. Just make sure to have light sweaters and maybe a sweatshirt. No offense to the person I quoted. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live about 45 miles away from Bar Harbor. Normally until about August I will be wearing jeans and a tee shirt. Weather can be unpredictable (there is a saying that if you don't like the weather .. wait 5 minutes).

It normally will be around 65-70 degrees at that time of year (June) - we have "nice" breezes ... I would think you might want to take a pair of shorts but might probably be more comfortable wearing capri's/slacks.

Sorry - kind of wishy-washy ... but one never knows ... I'd take a light jacket ... if it gets cool there are numerous shops that sell jackets and sweatshirts!

Maine is a beautiful area and the park on Mt. Desert is lovely (Acadia) .... I do hope that you have a wonderful time - enjoy your visit!!! Jan

I'm a Mississippi girl who moved to Connecticut and I can say it's not like the Caribbean in June. My husband you is from Chicago also agrees. You will probably need a light jacket. The humidity is nothing compared to the south so that makes it cooler. In the day time, in the sun it is very nice. The nights can get cooler. Check a farmers almanac. They usually have temps for year round. Shorts are ok. Capri pants. Just make sure to have light sweaters and maybe a sweatshirt. No offense to the person I quoted. [emoji3]

No offense taken:).

Am from NY so we have taken the 7day Canada/NE out of Brooklyn with Princess for a number of times.

As I read this I'm wearing my Bar Harbor hoodie sweatshirt that I bought in August because it was cold & foggy in the morning. Fog burned off mid morning & it was high 70s rest of the day. Layers work

Sent from my iPad using Forums