NCL SKY with child?

dsnutz

We were there in July -- summer vacation -- and there were lots of kids. We were there in early December -- school was in -- and there were very few kids. Either way our son had a great time as they do a great job in the Splash Academy. We spend all day with family activities -- hanging int he pool/hot tub, playing shuffle board or ping pong, and visiting ports. Then in the evening he went to Splash Academy and had fun with the kids.

Guess it really depends on your child and you. Our son is great about just hanging with Mom and Dad and we have fun just being together. However, if you child needs lots of activities and it is a down time then it is isn't like a big ship with lots of toys.

Good morning!

I'm going on my first Sky cruise this April as well, so can't definitively say how the kid areas are. What week are you going? Easter is Apr 16, so if you're going in the week leading up to or following Easter, I think you'll encounter more families. So, even if the facilities are a little lacking there will definitely be more playmates for your child.

Edited by lab_love123

we took both our kids (then 4 and 8) on the Sky last July. It is a bit of a different experience - we were in port every day - but they did find things to do. Mostly it was play in the hottub (which we put coldish water in) on our balcony (were in an OS), as the main pools were pretty crowded with people were being a bit unsafe (jumping in, etc).

There is a kids pool up on 12 or 13, all the way forward. We went by there a couple of times, and hardly anyone was there (usually just an adult or 2 sunning on a lounge), so if he likes swimming/water play, that may be a good place to look.

As usual, for our family, my daughter (the younger one), loved the kids club. My son (the older one) did not. Such is life, I suppose, though it has been like that every cruise so far.

we did the 4 day cruise. People were obviously enjoying the open bar, but I didn't really see (or hear!) any obnoxious drunks.

Edited by Starflyr3