Aft pool on the star

starfamily

I just watched that great video made by the pancake family and have a question. I LOVED the look of that aft pool, it seems so close to the ocean and private. Please tell me that is not the pool that is off limits to my 12 year old son as I can see the three of us being so happy there away from the crowds.

(obviously if that IS the pool he is not allowed in I won't go there but I sure hope we can )

The pool at the front of the boat, near the Lotus Spa, has a sign up on it that says children must be accompanied by adults between noon and 3 pm, but are otherwise prohibited.

As far as I can recall, kids are welcome at all the other pools.

This is SO confusing! Someone else told me that the adults only pool was the swim against the current pool, when I called princess the woman said there is only ONE adults only pool, I guess I will wait for when we get on the ship and find out which one it is :)

I have always heard the aft pool referred to as an adult pool on many Princess ships. That is not to say that should you go there with your son that you will be asked to leave and you may see other children there. But as I understand the intention of Princess, the aft and spa pools are to be adults only areas free of the noise of children playing. There are 5 pools on the Grand class ships such as the Star, aren't there? 2 uncovered in the center of the ship, 1 covered, the aft and the spa pool.

Princess used to limit the number of children on each cruise, but since they were acquired by Carnival Corp that practice seems to have gone by the wayside. Perhaps the use of the pools has changed also.

GloriaF]I have always heard the aft pool referred to as an adult pool on many Princess ships.

This is true of all Grand Class ships - I should have said Grand Class rather than use the word many. I have cruised the Grand, CB, and Star in the Grand Class and know this is true. Thanks for the verification.

The aft pool on the Star is definately an adult only pool. That does not mean you cannot use the rest of the aft deck area if you want to relax and enjoy the beautiful views.

You will love the Star Princess. Happy Cruising!:D

Archived