Private yacht from Tortola to st Thomas overnight

Laurba99

Anyone notice this 10K port adventure offered? I cannot imagine any circumstance that would make someone want to do this! Anyone know anyone who booked it or hear if it ever gets booked? Maybe someone who is thinking of buying a yacht gets to experience it overnight but why do it in the middle of a pricey cruise where you already paid to sleep and get a boat ride to the same island? (I'm sure the yacht feels different than the cruise ship but still)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone notice this 10K port adventure offered? I cannot imagine any circumstance that would make someone want to do this! Anyone know anyone who booked it or hear if it ever gets booked? Maybe someone who is thinking of buying a yacht gets to experience it overnight but why do it in the middle of a pricey cruise where you already paid to sleep and get a boat ride to the same island? (I'm sure the yacht feels different than the cruise ship but still)

You could do a crewed/provisioned sailing yacht charter on a 60 foot cat for a week for $10k +/-.

Because some people have more expendable income than others?

Some people think nothing of booking the Walt or Roy suite year after year in peak season.

DCL have hosted many celebrities who I'm sure a DCL cruise is just a drop in the ocean.

Some travel with a nanny or au pair to tend to the kids, so I could see a couple, or two couples traveling together booking this for some alone time, away from the kids for the night during a cruise, knowing the kids will still be entertained and looked after.

That said, I'm sure they do not book many of them.

ex techie

All kinds of people book really expensive things on DCL. A CM once named a particular celebrity who had been on the week before with "their entourage" and booked 3 concierge suites for a total of $87K. There are people who would think nothing of dropping that sort of money. Ouch.

Yes, and thank goodness Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown had "staff" as well as the CM's to look after their kids when they got themselves "under the influence."

ex techie

That must have been a particularly memorable cruise--you are not the first person to mention it.

On the other hand, we've cruised with several celebrities who were wonderful people and a lot of fun.

That must have been a particularly memorable cruise--you are not the first person to mention it.

On the other hand' date=' we've cruised with several celebrities who were wonderful people and a lot of fun.[/quote']

There were more nice celebs than others fortunately!

ex techie

Speaking of celebrities who have you seen and any chance we would see any on a spring break cruise? :)

There is always a chance. On the Easterns, DCL used to have an adult lecture series with a different speaker each cruise. Some of these were Imagineers and various DCL execs, but others were Broadway stars, etc. who agreed to do the series of 3 lectures in exchange for a free cruise for their family. Many of these people take their kids to the family activities and do group activities with everyone else on board. All were willing to do autographs/photos during their scheduled time, some were willing to do this on their own time as well. Some actively said "If you see me around the ship, come over and say hello" while others were protective of their time. We always took the approach that these people were on vacation and unless invited, we didn't approach the on their "off" time. On the other hand, we've had some amazing experiences with some of them.

Speaking of celebrities who have you seen and any chance we would see any on a spring break cruise? :)

Who you could see is too random to even guess.

Jim Belushi was probably the most famous celeb I met. He was aboard filming for the According To Jim TV show.

He graciously offered to perform on deck stage for the Guests, and he had his "green bullet" microphone for his harmonica in his hands. I had to put a wireless mic onto the mic stand for him to sing into, however he was very close and when I put the mic in, it popped out and hit him in the mouth. lol!

Embarrassing for me, but he never made a fuss and was a true professional.

ex techie

That's so cool-I think he is so funny! I just wondered if celebrities ever sailed on holiday times because seems busier but the truth is every ship must sell out right? I hope you didn't think I was asking you to predict who I might see :)

That's so cool-I think he is so funny! I just wondered if celebrities ever sailed on holiday times because seems busier but the truth is every ship must sell out right? I hope you didn't think I was asking you to predict who I might see :)

Just like everyone else, celebrities sail when it fits into their schedule, their kid's schedules, etc. You never know who you will meet on any cruise. Unless someone has insight to DCL booking, there is no way to predict who might be on board.

I'm pretty sure you'll meet some princesses, a very famous mouse, and some other interesting characters though.