Car rental companies at Tampa cruise port?

setsail1975

Can anyone recommend to us a car rental company located possibly at the Port of Tampa?This will be our 1st time cruising from this port. We have a late flight back home the day of disembarkation, so we figured we sight see on our own and drive ourselves back to the airport. Thanks in advance!

**Also if anyone could suggest any places to sight see that is convenient from cruise port to Tampa airport surrounding areas... (Do not want to go to far away the airport.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used the Budget car rental inside the Embassy Suites at 513 S Florida Avenue. On embarkation we dropped luggage at port then dropped the car at the hotel and walked back to the port about 0.7 mile. The walk was easy and flat so on disembark we just carried luggage with us to the rental/hotel. You can also ride the TECO street car from right near the port to there. For two ships in port the line was small and took less than 10 minutes to get in and out. We rented a van for the six of us for the day and dropped it at St. Pete-Clearwater airport for about $75. In Tampa we went to Ybor City, the Florida aquarium is also right at the port. There's lots to do around Tampa, I like TripAdvisor.com for ideas and usually check the Florida port of call threads by searching for "Tampa". http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495