Which ship to choose from Port Canaveral?

Hi all- looking for a bit of advice/recommendation on choosing a ship to sail out of Port Canaveral.

Quick background info- new to cruising (2 previous cruises on NCL Getaway and a 3rd booked for Escape). Looking for a cheap in-between cruise for myself and 20 year old son without a long drive to get to port. Itinerary not important as we are just as happy on a beach as we are doing an excursion. Looking for laid back, casual style, with some fun things to do (shows, slides, etc).

Looks like 3 ships that do regular sailings out of PC-Liberty, Sunshine & Magic. Which would you choose?

I have been on both and prefer the magic. To me the sunshine is way to compact. most places are smaller then most ships. but the sunshine does have a beautiful serenity deck. Now I am sure other peeps will have a different opinion then me. So that is just mine. you will have a blast on either one of them as long as they both get ya outta the us for vacation. 8-)

Keith

My boss enjoyed his Sunshine cruise out of PC but I've only been on Valor out of PC so far. I do look forward to Going on the Magic eventually - and probably Sunshine too because I want to try the self-serve beer. I know I can serve myself beer at home by getting one out of the fridge but that's just isn't the same. :)

Magic would have been my next cruise except a deal came up for that Panama Canal out of Tampa so we booked that instead. I still intend to get on a ship this year sometime so I'll be looking pretty hard at everything out of PC as it's a 35 minute drive for me.

I've sailed on Ecstasy (out of PC) and enjoyed the ship, as well as the 4 day sailing to Bahamas. it was a quick getaway and great for traveling alone.

I'm on the Liberty in a few weeks (out of PC as well) and have heard it's a favorite of some travelers. I'm hoping we think the same!

Enjoy whichever ship you choose :)

Lots of votes coming in for Magic (and Sunshine). I don't think I can go wrong with either choice! Doing a little more research so I can maybe get something booked soon (looks like there's a sale that ends tonight?) Keep those votes coming in

Thanks all!

yes there is a 50% reduced deposit early saver deal through the 9th and it includes some on-board credit. Not sure what time-zone they consider the 9th to be over...good luck and also yes, probably can't go wrong either way.

Hi all- looking for a bit of advice/recommendation on choosing a ship to sail out of Port Canaveral.

Quick background info- new to cruising (2 previous cruises on NCL Getaway and a 3rd booked for Escape). Looking for a cheap in-between cruise for myself and 20 year old son without a long drive to get to port. Itinerary not important as we are just as happy on a beach as we are doing an excursion. Looking for laid back, casual style, with some fun things to do (shows, slides, etc).

Looks like 3 ships that do regular sailings out of PC-Liberty, Sunshine & Magic. Which would you choose?

Having done the Breeze (sister ship), I would pick the Magic out of that list. (I did the Destiny, before the renovated it and renamed it the Sunshine. It was crowded then I can't see how it's not even worse now that they've tacked on more cabins). The Breeze was my favorite out of the Carnival ships I've done.

(Though, if it was open choices, I'd sail Oasis of the Seas before either of them)

My last cruise my son was 19 so aged out of kid clubs. So next thing was to think about Sports Bar & Food. Magic would be good choice. We did Sunshine and it's also good choice. Not as nice of ship and I wouldn't recommend during high kid times as the food area is poorly arranged but choices are good. Not much on lido to eat at 11 pm when older teens tend to be roaming around hungry. I loved the Cuban options. But missed the Indian. Sunshine has a great serenity area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oasis is the choice but $$$ after that Magic.

My last cruise my son was 19 so aged out of kid clubs. So next thing was to think about Sports Bar & Food. Magic would be good choice. We did Sunshine and it's also good choice. Not as nice of ship and I wouldn't recommend during high kid times as the food area is poorly arranged but choices are good. Not much on lido to eat at 11 pm when older teens tend to be roaming around hungry. I loved the Cuban options. But missed the Indian. Sunshine has a great serenity area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Speaking of the serenity deck- DS will be 20 at time of sailing, would he be allowed to hang out there with me?

Oasis. I know it wasn't on your list but...That's the one I'd choose if no limits.

I am sailing on the Sunshine and don't know a thing about her. Want to sail on the Magic in the future and are looking at dates....so I'm not a total RCCL snob, just love the Oasis.

Oasis. I know it wasn't on your list but...That's the one I'd choose if no limits.

I am sailing on the Sunshine and don't know a thing about her. Want to sail on the Magic in the future and are looking at dates....so I'm not a total RCCL snob, just love the Oasis.

Thanks! Looking at Oasis right now :D

Speaking of the serenity deck- DS will be 20 at time of sailing, would he be allowed to hang out there with me?

I thought Serenity was listed as 21+. I'm not sure how much they actually enforce that though. I am not sure how access is on sunshine, unless they use a keycard door, or check id's going in, I doubt it gets heavily enforced. So long as he doesn't look super young, and behaves himself of course. (The idea of an adult area is to act like an adult of course. Not that all adults do *sly grin*)