Allure OTS Photo Heavy Trip Report – The “allure” of the Eastern Caribbean

I loved your review, and all of the pictures! I will miss the chilled smoothy soups, since they aren't on the newest menus for the Anthem, my next cruise.

Funny thing I realized, while reading your review, you live very near by us. We live in Newnan, GA, and often shop and have lunch, in Sharpesburgh. So if a stranger comes up to you and says hello, it's because I recognized you from your pictures. :)

That's wild! On our last cruise we ran into someone from Newnan as well! :D

When I said a few days ago that my official "review" posts were finished, I would like to revise my statement because I wanted to post this tip I read on another thread and have been doing for a couple of weeks.

When sailing in the Caribbean, we all know that a tip is assumed for just about everything. On another thread, someone mentioned that at the end of every day, they started pulling out any 1's & 5's and putting them in a jar, which builds up before the cruise. I started doing that as well and after a couple of weeks, it has grown pretty quickly. Here's a photo of my stash so far which is over 30 $1 bills and 3-4 $5 bills. I think I'm likely way good for $1's but I will keep saving $5's to help supplement things like cab fare...

32463193156_05fc644994_c.jpg

Also since I have some room for photos, I figured I would brag about my team heading to the Super Bowl next week! Falcons Rise Up!! :D

32359402291_f5dda4b8c6_z.jpg

32359402411_a9bf72e21f_z.jpg

Just curious, do you work for the airlines? My DH has for almost 25 years and LOVES airplanes. We will have to go to Maho beach. Transportation details appreciated.

When you get off the ship in St Martin, just behind the marquee to the right is the path to the taxis. Once there, they post the fees to the airport on the pillars of the taxi cab awning. When we were there last, it was a flat rate: 1-2 people was about $10 each/each way I believe. If there are more in your party, the price goes down from there (price per person, each way).

That sounds correct from what I remember as well for the prices. Just be aware that if they are going out to the airport and the taxi is something like a mini-van they may want to wait around to get more fares in there before leaving for the airport.

That's why for that reason and also the afternoon traffic, I tried to give ourselves plenty of time cushion for the trip back to port! :)