Carnival sunshine share your pros/cons

fungirl76

Are these the Thermal Spa Steam and Sauna you refer to? I've heard that there is sauna in the men's locker room and I would guess that being outside the thermal spa that that one is free?

Sunshine is one of our favorite ships.

Pros are the ship has a great variety of restaurants and tons of great things to do. Love the water park.

the 2 biggest cons for us were. The comedy club is ridiculously small

also deck space is limited. Get up early and stake your space. By 9am its tuff to find a spot.

Spend some time at Serenity - it's wonderful. The comedy show - get in line early to get a good seat or else watch the comedian on a tv screen. Havana bar at rear of Lido offers a minimal amount of food for breakfast and lunch. Havana bars Cuban sandwiches at lunch are very good. Did not try JiJi but Cucina Del Capitano was very good (and free) for lunch. The taste bar area put out a nice spread of food for lunch. I only happened to come across it on a rainy sea day. Not all cabins come with a refrigerator. If you want one, do your homework before hand.

Cubans I had were gross! Capitano lunch portions are huge! Hard to get a lounger by pool, lots of people fill them up at 7:30am.

Pro's - I really liked the entire "vibe" on the Sunshine. I thought the lunch in the Cucino was the best by far compared to other ships I've been on. Definitely hit the Havana area to eat breakfast (that's also where you will find the omelet station) - it's not very crowded for the first couple of days - but it doesn't take long for people to figure it out, and it did get much more crowded after day 3. The staff was great.

Con's - It is really crowded on the Lido deck and the Serenity if the ship is moving. I've seen chair hogs and crowded decks, but nothing compared to the Sunshine. Serenity is beautiful and thankfully we were able to enjoy it because we didn't get off the ship in two of the ports (been there several times & just wanted to chill).

We are early risers, but it was CRAZY crowded on Lido & the Serenity.

Overall I loved the ship, but if you like laying out in the sun relaxing with a good book and a good drink, you will find it challenging.