voyager aft cabins 1688/1388

khlim2005

Hi cruiser, like to ask those stay before in deck 10 cabin 1688/1388. On the balcony and all points along the balcony, if you look down, is it another stateroom balcony or ship structure or it's the sea? .

I'm asking because my wife afraid of directly (vertical drop) facing the sea.

I'm looking at aft cabin in hoping to minimise this symptom.

Thks in advance!:)

Hi cruiser, like to ask those stay before in deck 10 cabin 1688/1388. On the balcony and all points along the balcony, if you look down, is it another stateroom balcony or ship structure or it's the sea? .

I'm asking because my wife afraid of directly (vertical drop) facing the sea.

I'm looking at aft cabin in hoping to minimise this symptom.

Thks in advance!:)

This is a video from the Adventure of the Seas (Voyager Class). Will be exactly the same as Voyager.

Edited by Beachammo

This is a video from the Adventure of the Seas (Voyager Class). Will be exactly the same as Voyager.

Hi Beachammo, thks for the link! :)

This video show just about everything and clear any doubt one have on this cabin.

However, i cant judge from this video what's below the balcony. Whether is it another balcony or ship structure or the sea, especially along all point.

Hi Beachammo, thks for the link! :)

This video show just about everything and clear any doubt one have on this cabin.

However, i cant judge from this video what's below the balcony. Whether is it another balcony or ship structure or the sea, especially along all point.

There is structure all the way down. There isn't a straight down view to the ocean. A great cabin as it's about the same size of a JS for a d1 price.

b0b1497a62d5417b29127eadb52619a9.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

We have stayed in 1688 twice on Mariner which is also a Voyager class ship. I too do not like to look straight down to the water, almost get a vertigo feeling. In 1688, you look down at the railing of the balcony below and then the steel structure of the back of the ship. I do not have issues standing at the railing in that cabin. I have a much harder time standing at the railing of a side facing balcony.

There is structure all the way down. There isn't a straight down view to the ocean. A great cabin as it's about the same size of a JS for a d1 price.

b0b1497a62d5417b29127eadb52619a9.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hi Beachammo, thanks! :)

After visiting this forum, i found out aft cabin, especially 1688/1388 are highly sought after. Unfortunately (or fortunately!), in asia - Singapore, aft cabin are not popular.

Take our cruise, coming May on Voyager for example, it's almost fully book across all categories and the remaining those cabins at the far end. :rolleyes:

Edited by khlim2005

We have stayed in 1688 twice on Mariner which is also a Voyager class ship. I too do not like to look straight down to the water, almost get a vertigo feeling. In 1688, you look down at the railing of the balcony below and then the steel structure of the back of the ship. I do not have issues standing at the railing in that cabin. I have a much harder time standing at the railing of a side facing balcony.

Hi reallyitsmema, thks.

That's exactly how my wife feel. I'm okay but if given a choice, i would opt for a balcony that doesn't look down directly to the ocean.