Rental car in Juneau

MomtoCCC

Hello

Looking to rent a car in Juneau. All I can find on-line is rentals from the airport. Aren't there locations closer to the pier? Would they all be sold out already? Going in June 2017. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I always rent from Juneau Car Rental - a locally owned company with older cars at reasonable rates (~$65 or so for the day). They have a lot near the AJ pier, so it can be about a 20 minute walk from some of the other piers. There are lots of reviews on this Forum about them. Biggest complaint people seem to have is getting to their lot and the age of the cars. I don't mind the older cars - I've always had cars from them in good running condition, and I enjoy the walking.

I contacted Juneau Car Rental - waiting for a response. Would prefer Avis since I have a preferred account with them. That probably explains why the downtown location is not coming up. Thanks. I'll try again in another month or so.

I did live chat with Avis today in Juneau and the guy said the one close to the port had closed and said I would need to get a taxi to rent a car at the airport, so I am looking for a rental car close to the port that seats 6 and the only place I have found seats up to 5.