Blow up pools

mroth13

We are going on the Miracle next month and I keep seeing people posting about taking blow up pools both to give their kids baths and to have their diapered kid be able to experience the pool wine they're not allowed in the regular pool. Are both of these uses allowed on the Miracle? And if so, please give recommendations for where I can get this and how big etc!

TIA!

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You want a blow-up bath tub, not a blow up pool - that way you'll have a reasonable size. Target and Babies r Us have carried the "duck" tub lots of us have used that usually fits in the showers. It's also small/narrow enough that it fits between two lounge chairs or in an empty area on deck.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

POOL .. not a TUB! Just kidding! ;)

Seriously though, we have twins and used a pool maybe 48" in diameter. We went in the morning before there was much traffic, and found a niche in the scorner of the pool where the blow up pool would be mostly out of the way of traffic.

If you want something a little bit bigger than the little oval tubs, this seems to be well rated (and cheap): https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Sunset-Glow-Baby-Pool/dp/B000I9RZOW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484252288&sr=8-3&keywords=blow+up+pool

I don't think this would fit in the shower without being up the walls however. Some folks like to do that, though we've always given the kids showers on ship using the hose/handle easily enough. Well, easy enough for me as I was usually on the drying and dressing side of the operation. :D

On the pool deck it near a drain to make life easy, since you can't put the water back in the pool. Frequently the drains are in the little niche areas since water will tend to collect there. ;)

No one from the cruise line said anything about having your own blow up pool up on deck? I have never seen this done before. It seems like it would be prohibited, what if multiple families did this at the same time and monopolized a significant amount of deck space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one from the cruise line said anything about having your own blow up pool up on deck? I have never seen this done before. It seems like it would be prohibited, what if multiple families did this at the same time and monopolized a significant amount of deck space?

Families have been bringing the blow up tubs for at least 10 years, when I first did after seeing the suggestion here. You haven't seen it before because only a small percentage of passengers do it, and when they do, it's usually out of the way. We're not talking about plopping tubs down in a crowded aisle near the pool, but in an uncrowded area on deck or between lounge chairs. As a new parent cruiser, you'll be surprised all the areas you'll find to use as a family away from the crowds that you never noticed before.

Have a great time!