First timer for Disney cruising!

bcsurvivor05

If you used a TA, they should be giving you some guidance!

At 75 days before embarkation, you can go on line and make various reservations (excursions, nursery, adult dining, spa, etc) if desired. You can also do your on line check in and select a "PAT" (Port Arrival Time) which is tied to your boarding time.

For now, you work out travel arrangements if not already done and research the various things you may want to do on the trip.

Edited by moki'smommy

When it's 75 days out I believe you will access to online booking of port adventures (this is what they call

Excursions) and character breakfast (free to go but if they are still avail spots) and character meet and greets (again if still avail) when we did dream I didn't know about online sign ups so we didn't go to ticketed meet and greets but my son met tons and tons just waiting on line when they appeared

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FE is not official thru DCL. It is an "on your own" thing that many groups organize. What it will cost you depends totally on the rules of the group. You will be expected to contribute a gift to each cabin or each person in your group. Some groups set a maximum amount you can spend (like $5). Gifts are typically small...many can be obtained from the dollar store. They are typically pirate or Disney themed, but that's not necessary.

Google Fish Extenders groups and after you understand what they are, try to locate a group for your cruise on FB or elsewhere. IMHO, a group of about 20 cabins is perfect. More and it gets to be too much effort and cost, too few and it isn't as much fun. Warning, depending on the group, you may collect a lot of "Disney junk"...consider it a fun activity, not a "we're gonna get great stuff."

When it's 75 days out I believe you will access to online booking of port adventures (this is what they call

Excursions) and character breakfast (free to go but if they are still avail spots) and character meet and greets (again if still avail) when we did dream I didn't know about online sign ups so we didn't go to ticketed meet and greets but my son met tons and tons just waiting on line when they appeared

The Dream doesn't have the Character Breakfast, as it's only on cruises of 7 nights and longer.

We just booked yesterday on the Disney dream for 5/8. Now what? I am so used to royal and carnival.

Dream was our first DCL cruise. You're going to love it! Disney makes it super easy. Just make sure you've created your account with DCL and they will remind you when it's time to set up your excursions, put in your passport info, request a character call etc. Just do your homework in the mean time about what your excursion choices are so that you're ready to register. You don't really need to do excursions on Castaway Cay to have a great time. It's a beautiful island. The customer service on the ship is awesome. Opportunities for pictures with characters are abundant. Have a great trip!