No Excursions for Freeport on the Liberty?

Salem615

Hi

I am booked for an April 30th cruise on Liberty and last week I noticed the shore excursions for Freeport are no longer there. I went on again today and they are still there. There are Excursions for Nassau though.

Is there an issue? Is anyone else noticing this on their upcoming Liberty Cruises?

Wow, you made me check our excursion listing and we have NOTHING listed for Freeport either. We sail 2/26! I noticed they reversed our itinerary, and added some new excursions for Nassau. Maybe they are just updating things. You've got some time still - I'd check back in a few weeks.

I just read the Liberty will be going to the Princess Caye island starting in May. I also noticed the itinerary "flipped" for my cruise on Feb 26th. I wonder if this has anything to do with the change of islands?? Geez, I sure wish we were going to the Princess island instead of Freeport, but again, I think they are starting that in May. Anyone have any other info??

We had this happen a couple cruises ago when one of our ports were changed and then the itinerary was reversed. It became almost comical as the excursions would be posted one day then gone the next over and over for about 2 weeks if I remember right. We even had several booked a few of the times (each time it was just automatically cancelled and refunded). We eventually waited until the excursions were posted and stayed posted for several days before booking again. Like another has said- I'm positive they'll offer excursions. It is the line's #2 moneymaker

I just read the Liberty will be going to the Princess Caye island starting in May. I also noticed the itinerary "flipped" for my cruise on Feb 26th. I wonder if this has anything to do with the change of islands?? Geez, I sure wish we were going to the Princess island instead of Freeport, but again, I think they are starting that in May. Anyone have any other info??

We're on the 2/26 sailing as well and I was thinking the same thing earlier! Hoping they'll go to Princess Cays and skip Freeport. Maybe that's why they flipped the itinerary..fingers crossed!!

We're on the 2/26 sailing as well and I was thinking the same thing earlier! Hoping they'll go to Princess Cays and skip Freeport. Maybe that's why they flipped the itinerary..fingers crossed!!

Just FYI:

So I did a little research on a possible itinerary change and found out (unfortunately) that there is a Princess cruise ship on Princess Cay March 1st, the same day we were hoping for a schedule change for the Liberty. :( I also noticed the Breeze (the Tim McGraw cruise) will be in Freeport the same day we are scheduled to be there. Looks like it's rare to have more than one ship in Freeport on the same day. From what I could tell, this only happens a couple times per month.

And since I'm on the topic, I think it's worth noting there will be either 5 or 6 ships in Nassau the day we are there. This isn't unusual, but since it's the beginning of spring break for many universities and schools (including my son's), Nassau might be more crowded than usual. Might be worth it to book an excursion early. ?? I was planning on waiting til we dock to make sure the weather cooperates before heading over to Melia, but I'm thinking I might pre-purchase the day passes on their website beforehand.

Hope this helps!!

Just FYI:

So I did a little research on a possible itinerary change and found out (unfortunately) that there is a Princess cruise ship on Princess Cay March 1st, the same day we were hoping for a schedule change for the Liberty. :( I also noticed the Breeze (the Tim McGraw cruise) will be in Freeport the same day we are scheduled to be there. Looks like it's rare to have more than one ship in Freeport on the same day. From what I could tell, this only happens a couple times per month.

And since I'm on the topic, I think it's worth noting there will be either 5 or 6 ships in Nassau the day we are there. This isn't unusual, but since it's the beginning of spring break for many universities and schools (including my son's), Nassau might be more crowded than usual. Might be worth it to book an excursion early. ?? I was planning on waiting til we dock to make sure the weather cooperates before heading over to Melia, but I'm thinking I might pre-purchase the day passes on their website beforehand.

Hope this helps!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed still, LOL. Last time I was in Freeport I took the bus tour of the island, then shopped before heading back to the ship. We're still undecided about doing a beach excursion...or just winging it and heading back to the ship early (we have steakhouse reservations that night). Either way, it's a vacation and I'm gonna enjoy it no matter where we end up

we're on the 1/22 sailing of Liberty and it looks like our port days haven't changed and the excursions are available to book.

I'm not sure what we are doing on either island because if the weather is crappy I'll be so cold on the beach. We paid two years ago to go to Seven Mile Beach in GC and I was miserable wrapped up in my beach towel the whole time. Hahaha :D