Spring break concerns

macminn

That is not really spring break. It is too late for most colleges, and too early for the K-12 systems which are usually the week before or the week after Easter.

Depends on the region of the country. Most Texas schools have spring break the 2nd or 3rd week of March. We've will do our 4 th spring break trip this year. We did Jewel in 2015 and Jade in 2016, will be on Dawn this year and Escape next year. Our NCL cruises during this time have been crowded but not rowdy. Our carnival cruise... not so much.

Definitely if you can swing it, go Haven. It makes it MUCH better.

Thanks for posting this.

I have used the panama city beach site in the past as it gives the number of students enrolled at each school. Good reference for potential congestion at airports.

https://pcbeachspringbreak.com/spring-break-school-break-dates/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our first NCL cruise was a four day from Miami during Spring Break. Over half the people on the cruise were under 26 years old. We ran into exactly one slightly obnoxious young person who was proclaiming his love for all the girls in the elevator, much to their disgust.

The rest were ready to party, but happy and, in the overall scheme of things, "good kids". I think you get a very different crowd in the beach cities in Florida and Rosarito Beach in Mexico for Spring Break. I talked to a few who viewed a cruise as a "safe choice" compared to the gatherings at resort cities.

Not true. Spring Break varies all across the country. It could be anywhere from February to April. As I mentioned, that week has always been my kids' spring break, and for many others in my area and the surrounding area. My kids are 9 and 7.

This is true. East coast private schools also break the second two weeks in March so this is when we cruise. Lots of college kids on board, never had an issue. Most of the really intoxicated people we encounter are closer to 40 than 20. The ships are big. You will have a great time.