Celebrity Millennium Northbound, transfer to FAI after land tour

aalega

I need info about the arrangements for the post cruise land tour. Our last day is in Fairbanks with a "Riverboat Discovery Tour." Then back to hotel, next morning to airport.

We are considering leaving the during the night instead of waiting for the next day's transport to the airport (very few choices for flights from FAI to SEA), and may give up our last night in the hotel.

Celebrity says they cannot take us the night before, only in the morning. Has anyone done this trip and can tell me when they returned from the riverboat tour? afternoon, late evening, etc? we may just get our own ride to the airport to catch a midnight or 1am flight.

Thanks so much!

In the past the Riverboat Discovery has done two trips a day during most of the summer season. The morning outing returns to their dock around noon while the afternoon one returns around 6 PM. Check their website to ensure that for some reason the timing has changed for 2017.

Do you know what hotel your tour will be using. Celebrity in the past has generally used either Pikes Waterfront Lodge or Sophie Station Hotel. Both are close to the airport, and Fairbanks has an abundance of taxis.

Wonderful information!! Thank you so much.

My itinerary just says Fairbanks Hotel, I assumed that was the name!!

The flight we are considering is at 12:30am, it sounds like we would be safe as the riverboat website still says tours at 9am and 2pm.

While we are not in a hurry to leave, I don't want to sit in the airport all day on July 4th when we can be visiting with our son in Seattle as we could be there by 6am! The first flight that day out of FAI is at 3:30pm.

Just got off the phone with Celebrity, the rep said we are staying at the Fairbanks Hotel, it appears as though it is on 3rd Avenue?

She also said that our riverboat cruise begins at 5pm. I would think that would still put us back at the hotel at 9-10pm, just in time to head to the airport!!

I am leaning toward going for the early morning flight, but just don't want to run into problems and miss it!