Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

RelayerOhio

Depends on what you're looking for.

We sailed on the Pride this past June. It was alright. Didn't blow me away. Would I do it again? Probably not. The ship was great and the staff was great. Just didn't enjoy the ports as much as I do in the caribbean.

Now, if you're a first timer and you're looking forward to Mexico and spending a little time in S. California,,,, then by all means go and have fun.

We are going to Mexicn Riviera for the third time and the second time on the Pride (third time on this ship overall) We find the Mexican Riviera to be very easy to travel to. None of ports really have a must see or do that is to far from the ship and the trip is very relaxing and fun. The ports are not as flashy as the other side but still very fun to explore and typically very affordable as well. We have found the Pride to be the perfect ship for us with everything very convenient and accessible and deffincately fun :)

Just got off the Pride (2 weeks ago). We had a great time on our first Carnival Cruise. The ship is so beautiful and very clean. Having our own balcony was the highlight. Everyone from our group said we would go again in a heartbeat. GO!

Did the Pride in October. Weather in Puerta Vallarta was very, very muggy and hot as was Mazatlan. They were okay ports. Liked Cabo. Enjoyed the Piano bar on the ship (Barry is the best piano man and Elizabeth is a great bartender). Glad to have done that side of the coast but don't think I would do it again. Ship overall was nice, have been on better but was definitely a lot better than my first Carnival cruise back when I was younger.

Our first cruise was the Mexican Riviera on the Pride two Novembers ago. It was one of the best times we ever had. We were mostly there for the cruise experinece not to visit the ports. We had a good time in the ports, especially Cabo. But what we really enjoyed was hanging out on the ship, exploring, eating, lounging, etc. We had a balcony, which really made the trip. I would definitely recommend this cruise.

We will be cruising to Mexican Riviera on Carnival Pride on 11/27/05 and we are still undecided whether we should book all our shore excursions through Carnival website or we should wait and book them once we embark on Cabos, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta. Also, if you can give us your recommendations on which shore excursions we CANNOT miss (we are up for anything that are fun:), water sports, sightseeings etc...), we will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much ....

T.N.

The mex riv blows! The first and last sea days are always cold ( I went once at the end of June, again in the first week of July), I can't see how March would be any better. Count on short swims in the pools on those days if you dare.

As for prices, socal cruises are usually more money than a comparable cruise in FL. Even with airfare, it can be cheaper to fly to FL to catch a cruise there than it would to drive down to Long Beach to catch the Pride.

I live within driving distance of the Pride (heck, I used to live in that crappy area!), but I would rather fly to FL than drive to Long Beach to see the "mexican riviera" (who made up that name anyhow?).

I have done the mexican riviera cruise 4 times, and have it booked again for next summer....additionally, I vacation in Cabo every year.

I have heard that randi's horses is a must in Mazatlan. Snorkelling is great in Cabo at Santa Maria Cove.

-patty..

on the Pride. We have done the Caribbean over and over again and look forward to some new scenery. We were just on the Spirit in July and l loved the layout of the ship. We plan on having a great time.

Archived