Pretty Disappointed . . .

travelbaybee

Great post!!

Sometimes I wonder whether or not I should have retired early as a manager but this has reinforced me that I made the correct decision last Aug 04.

I had to deal with employees with such negative attitudes and that part of the job I dreaded cause one bad negative apple just brings down morale.

Donald Trump said something very profound last night on the Apprentice:

The worst employee no matter how bright they and how much they work is a disloyal employee and they need to go ASAP.. I couldnt deal with disloyalty and never will.

I totally agree that one should voice their opinion and have the freedom of speech in america but,,, NOT just talk to talk and ramble on and on and on about the same thing day after day...

I guess we will all be punished and erased from here.

Don

One thing we seasoned posters can all agree on is that Laura, Walt, Anne et al are very fair and know their jobs.

My dealings with them have all be very positive, proving you cant beat consumate professionals...

Century:

My first X cruise was on the Century out of FLL and it was a great cruise, They dont have those new engine types. We did notice very bad shaking in the dining room right over our table!! I hope they fixed that problem because it got a little shakey at times. The Galaxy has the same set up and the vibrations are abt the same. But, after a few days, we couldnt tell we were vibrating!! I really enjoyed the C Class ships!! I am thinking of the Century or Galaxy transatlantic next year. The prices are so much better than the M Class prices.

Wonder if Ruben is still working Century, he was a great Butler...

Don

The only time it gets shaky on the M Class Ship (probably all ships) is when the engine is in bow thruster mode.

When they left port the vibrations were noticable but only while going sideways.

The turbine engines on deck -3 are a sight to behold, two of them, big jet engines,,, and a spare engine in a crate. The engineer crew has the means to change an engine at sea. Its incredible down there and fascinating, a city within a city afloat.

The fuel tanks are 3/4 of one of the decks!! I d hate to have to pay to "fill her up"... that would cost as much as a new Porsche!! LOL

don

I just wanted to chime in (again) for a minute and say that although there always are a few people who seem like they are huge complainers...the kind that want perfection and demand recourse if they don't get it, I'm thrilled to see that the majority of people are very easy going and have much more positive attitudes. I'd love to sail any time, with any of you. :)

Just my observation from close to 2 years on this board. :D

Don,

I'm jealous. It sounds as if you have had an engine room tour. Of all the tours they offer, that's the one it's enjoy the most. Have done the bridge, galley, and back stage, but with current security requirements my guess is they are few and far between.

Have fun on the refurbished Millie. Has to be great being the first ones on a spruced up ship.

Instead of waiting 359 days as indicated in your post... Call you fav TA and book the 11/20 trans!!! LOL

Unfort, my cabin from the last trip was taken the day the cruise was opened up to the public and I cant have the parties I had last time!!!

OH WELL.. I will go to the Olympic ever other night and make up for it!!!

Hope Fabio is still the Mgr there!!

Don

I realize that the loss of two days on this cruise is important to those who are booked but they pale in comparison to problems that cruisers have had over the years. Celebrity had to cancel a number of cruises because of the pod problems which caused much more urgent problems as far as flights, hotels etc. In this case those who are going on the cruise can fly in as they would normally do and are being put up in hotels. Meals are covered by the compensation package. Just giving breakfast is a benefit and out of concern for the cruiser since I'm sure they don't want to go back to the hotel for their other meals while out in the city. Also, placing people is 2nd rate hotels as alledge is an opinion.

Real problems occur when entire cruises are cancelled. Also, does anyone remember when two years ago people showed up in NYC thinking they were going to Bermuda and if fact went to Canada due to a hurricane. How about all those people whose cars are still in New Orleans because they went out the week before Katriana. These were all unforseen problems as was the problem here.

I have had three cruises disrupted or ports cancelled due to Emergency evacuations off the ship. I was somewhat amazed at all the people complaining about missing a port because someone had a heart attack.

I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of sympathy when someone is complaining so much when there is really a minimal or no loss. I really don't think Celebrity is going to put someone up in a second rate hotel as has been alledged. To me this is just much ado about nothing and a recipe for a failed cruise experience.

One thing we seasoned posters can all agree on is that Laura, Walt, Anne et al are very fair and know their jobs.

My dealings with them have all be very positive, proving you cant beat consumate professionals...

Century:

My first X cruise was on the Century out of FLL and it was a great cruise, They dont have those new engine types. We did notice very bad shaking in the dining room right over our table!! I hope they fixed that problem because it got a little shakey at times. The Galaxy has the same set up and the vibrations are abt the same. But, after a few days, we couldnt tell we were vibrating!! I really enjoyed the C Class ships!! I am thinking of the Century or Galaxy transatlantic next year. The prices are so much better than the M Class prices.

Wonder if Ruben is still working Century, he was a great Butler...

Don

I was in one of the aft cabins on the Century and you should have heard the vibrations at 5:00A.M. in the morning. The whole cabin shook and then it went away as if nothing happened. This occurred everytime we pulled into and out of port. Guess what, best cabin I ever had on a cruise ship including being in a suite on another cruise.

DKJ

I am glad you replied to this cause for a while now (and i didnt have the right opportunity to ask) I have been wondering about your signature.

Charter member of Cruise Critic (1995)

Over 12000 posts eliminated in three conversions0

Sgt. Michael Johnson

Vermont State Police

EOW 6/15/03

Are you Don or Michael Johnson Vt State Police? And what does EOW mean, end of watch?? Just piqued my curiosity when I first saw it way back...

thanks if you want to answer it...

Don Jr

They dont have those new engine types. We did notice very bad shaking in the dining room right over our table!! I hope they fixed that problem because it got a little shakey at times. The Galaxy has the same set up and the vibrations are abt the same.

Don

I don't think that vibration will ever go away...that's the nature of the beast with that propulsion system.

You want to feel vibration?? Come aboard my 27' sloop with a single cyl Yanmar deisel :eek: !! Thank gawd we get to shut it down and pull up sail!!

DKJ

I am glad you replied to this cause for a while now (and i didnt have the right opportunity to ask) I have been wondering about your signature.

Are you Don or Michael Johnson Vt State Police? And what does EOW mean, end of watch?? Just piqued my curiosity when I first saw it way back...

thanks if you want to answer it...

Don Jr

Don:

Hi, I'm Don.

The other part of my signature is a salute to my nephew who was a Vt. State Trooper killed in the line of duty on June 15,2003, thus the EOW which means End of Watch.

Thanks Don,,

I am very sorry to hear that.. I am a big supporter of our law enforcement workers and the most tragic thing is when someone takes their life. They are overworked and underpaid and most people just dont appreciate them.

I have 4 college friends that are state troopers in CT. When I go home we just have a hoot. They all are just the best group of people in my life!! They tired in 1973 to get me to apply but when I read (agility test), 10 pull ups,, i said,, NO WAY!! lol

Are you on my Millie cruise next week by chance??

If so, look me up and I ll buy you a martini at the Martini Bar!!

I cant wait to see my buddies on board. They have emailed me this past week with the latest news... They are prepared for upheavel but I hope everyone is kind and in a holiday/vacation mode... I really think things will be fine...

thanks a lot for sharing with me...

Don

Thanks Don,,

I am very sorry to hear that.. I am a big supporter of our law enforcement workers and the most tragic thing is when someone takes their life. They are overworked and underpaid and most people just dont appreciate them.

I have 4 college friends that are state troopers in CT. When I go home we just have a hoot. They all are just the best group of people in my life!! They tired in 1973 to get me to apply but when I read (agility test), 10 pull ups,, i said,, NO WAY!! lol

Are you on my Millie cruise next week by chance??

If so, look me up and I ll buy you a martini at the Martini Bar!!

I cant wait to see my buddies on board. They have emailed me this past week with the latest news... They are prepared for upheavel but I hope everyone is kind and in a holiday/vacation mode... I really think things will be fine...

thanks a lot for sharing with me...

Don

Don (this could get confusing)

Sorry, no cruises planned right now as we are in the midst of trying to plan and build a new home in PA. Hoping to do something next fall but that will depend on a lot of factors. Thanks for the kind thoughts, I met quite a few Conn. Troopers and they were all great.

:(

IDoes anybody know why this cruise line will not make any offerings to offset the changes in itinerary and/or bad experiences??? I, for one, am not planning to use this cruise line again - especially with the response I got from their "Customer Service" rep.

Because its in their contract. They have the right to change ports of calls, ships, iteniaries, etc. Plus being a high-ranking member of some other cruise line means nothing to them.

I do sympathize that the trip did not go the way you wanted. I would be upset myself. However, I cannot think Celebrity would bend over backwards on this. The best you might get is some credit for a future cruise.

other cruisers thought about the Century cruise in question, check out the thread listed below. Also, remember the date is Oct. 29, not 20th as in the OP. I also wish Celebrity would do something to fix their stateside customer service, that appears to be where most problems occur.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=127458&page=23

Archived