Specialty Dining - a la carte Dessert

tripleboom

So my wife and I are cruising on the Escape in June, so I've been studying menus, planning excursions, stocking up on eBooks to read; really anything to try to make it feel like June is closer than it is while fighting through an Iowa winter.

I noted the change in specialty dining pricing as the restaurants have moved to an a la carte pricing structure. We opted not to do the UDP this time around, so my question is this. Has anyone tried to drop in on one of the restaurants strictly for dessert? I'm not a huge fan of the La Cucina menu, but I'm a sucker for their tiramisu. Can I just stop in for dessert with my wife some evening, or will I be required to order an entree?

So my wife and I are cruising on the Escape in June, so I've been studying menus, planning excursions, stocking up on eBooks to read; really anything to try to make it feel like June is closer than it is while fighting through an Iowa winter.

I noted the change in specialty dining pricing as the restaurants have moved to an a la carte pricing structure. We opted not to do the UDP this time around, so my question is this. Has anyone tried to drop in on one of the restaurants strictly for dessert? I'm not a huge fan of the La Cucina menu, but I'm a sucker for their tiramisu. Can I just stop in for dessert with my wife some evening, or will I be required to order an entree?

I don't know if you can go to a restaurant just for dessert. I have, though, commented to a waiter about a dessert I really liked in another restaurant on board and they said it was no problem at all if I wanted it. This was before a la carte pricing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can stop for dessert. If you're into death by chocolate, I'd recommend the decadent chocolate fudge brownie at Cagney's. The seven layer chocolate cake competes quite well for the death by chocolate title. We asked for them to go, and it took three days to eat each.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

You can stop for dessert. If you're into death by chocolate, I'd recommend the decadent chocolate fudge brownie at Cagney's. The seven layer chocolate cake competes quite well for the death by chocolate title. We asked for them to go, and it took three days to eat each.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

This is perfect!! Just what I was hoping for! I can get my tiramisu and she will definitely opt for death by chocolate. Thanks for the input!