VIFP question

rcb5588

Hi everyone, quick question on VIFP points.

I'm cruising in a few days and about halfway through the cruise I will be going over the 25 point mark from red to gold.

I just printed my boarding pass and it had me listed as gold, rather than red, which technically I still am, based on the points.

I found a few old threads and it seems that I would get a gold card when I board. Those threads were a little old, so I just wanted to see if anyone has any information on this. Does this seem correct?

Thank you in advance!

Ross

That is correct, if you are currently a red vifp member and during your next cruise you get into the gold category, they will give you the gold sail and sign card upon check in and will be given the gold perks. This happened with me my last cruise in May 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone, quick question on VIFP points.

I'm cruising in a few days and about halfway through the cruise I will be going over the 25 point mark from red to gold.

I just printed my boarding pass and it had me listed as gold, rather than red, which technically I still am, based on the points.

I found a few old threads and it seems that I would get a gold card when I board. Those threads were a little old, so I just wanted to see if anyone has any information on this. Does this seem correct?

Thank you in advance!

Ross

We've been there done that as they say, we've had the same situation twice in the last year once with Carnival and once with Princess, they will move you up to the next level before the ship leaves.

.......upon check in and will be given the gold perks.

Yeah, you will get that free drink on the last day of the cruise.

No seriously, there is one good advantage of becoming Gold........ looking forward to becoming Platinum.

Edited by HawkIVette