Specialty Dining Getaway

bsharynu

We had a 4 night package on our trip in May 2016 and chose Cagney's, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki and Moderno. We had only been to Moderno once before on the Getaway in May 2015. We decided to skip the Italian restaurant as the food seemed rather generic to us- however many people rave about it! Margaritaville was not on the ship then and we opted to skip Ocean Blu as there was an extra $15 charge-and we know the seafood is not really "fresh" anyhow! :) We also did not do the Illusionarium dinner show (also has an upcharge). We LOVED all four of our choices- with Le Bistro being a favorite. We had a choioce of a soup/salad, app, dinner and dessert, although when we expressed our son wanted to try 2 desserts they brought them both out! :) If you have the UBP it works at all the specialty dining too. :) Moderno is excellent- but go hungry...there is a huge salad bar with lobster bisque and SO much food you need to pace yourself. :) Cagneys was truly phenomenal steak and the raspberry creme brulee for dessert is great! Teppanyaki was really good- but that is the one we are skipping on our voyage on the Pearl in March. The food was tasty and the entertainment was fun but it was tight seating and not as "wow" as I expected it would be. I am happy to answer any specific questions you might have- and check out my review of the Getaway on my blog- http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/06/norwegian-getaway-review.html

Unfortunately, we couldn't get our act together to book 90 days out and now a little over 30 days out. Got the runaround trying to book the reservations on the phone and it is still not what I really want and the party size isn't exactly set up properly for 10. How easy is it to change the reservation time and get the party set up for 10 once we get onboard? How long are the lines trying to get things changed at the individual restaurants when you get onboard?

I can't give you a meaningful review. We only ate at 1 specialty restaurant, Le Bistro, because it was very difficult -- read impossible -- to get a reservation. The reservation we got was late on the last night & it was about the only thing left when we tried to book upon boarding & we were only a party of 2. I can't imagine the hassle of booking for 10 people.