Shipboard Credit - what can it be used for

Dark Avenger

Searched but could not find comments on this topic. I will have like $450 worth of Viking shipboard credit and wonder what we can use it for.

Prebooked excursions? Spa services (also probably prebooked)? Custom drinks? Gift shop stuff?

Any suggestions? Any nasty prohibitions that they don't really spell out?

This will be our first Viking cruise and our TA got us a nice $250 OBC. Since we have pre-booked all our shore tours, we were planning on using the OBC for the gratuities primarily. We really cannot use it for that? I will be really upset.

This will be our first Viking cruise and our TA got us a nice $250 OBC. Since we have pre-booked all our shore tours, we were planning on using the OBC for the gratuities primarily. We really cannot use it for that? I will be really upset.

Yes, unfortunately you cannot use it for gratuities, but that is about the only thing you cannot use it for. We used ours for optional excursions we booked once on board and for drinks other than the free wine and beer.