LIVE Oasis of the Seas - January 15 to 22nd

These rooms are bigger. Norwegians were tight. Now I was in a studio cabin but still I did a cabin crawl then too and they pack a lot of cabins on that boat which means little to no space. If you have a balcony on getaway it will add to the experience.

I've been looking at Norwegian again but I don't think you can beat these cabins!

fa421499a420ca3a9c2b3f2d6ae0baa4.jpg

That's from my balcony. As you can see it's fairly spacious for one person. Add a second it may get cozy but I wouldn't add a third.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do 4 per room ;). Two kids and us. My kids are well cruise addicts. They wish they could go more

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank u for those. Here I am getting ready for bed and suddenly I am starving. Chops left looks fantastic. Did u get lobster tonight? Prime rib? I think u are going to have to keep up with what yo eat where :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had the lobster. I was going to order both lobster and the prime rib but I decided not to lol. Chips was amazing and I'll be going back tonight!

The only complaint I have so far (and it's not limited to oasis but to all ships and hotels) is that that need to find a way to make the doors slam less. Sometimes when the one next door slams it shakes my whole cabin. It's something the industry needs to figure out.

The only complaint I have so far (and it's not limited to oasis but to all ships and hotels) is that that need to find a way to make the doors slam less. Sometimes when the one next door slams it shakes my whole cabin. It's something the industry needs to figure out.

When the door slams enough to shake your whole cabin your neighbours most likely had their balcony door open.

When the door slams enough to shake your whole cabin your neighbours most likely had their balcony door open.

I figured but it's still something you hear no matter where you stay. I understand that it's for safety to have the fire rated door swing arms but there's got to be a way to dampen them. IKEA did it with cupboards lol

It's been a mixed bag like Chandom said but there are still a lot of people who dress formal. You would fit in with a cocktail dress.

Thanks can go somewhere in-between cocktail and dressy. There will be 3 couples on the May cruise and will pass this info on to them. Enjoying your posts.

Yesterday was mostly spent relaxing at sea. I spent a good portion of the day on my balcony reading my book.

I've been reflecting on my time here and the comparisons to the Norwegian Getaway. It's almost like comparing apples to oranges. Both companies are good at what they do but in some ways Royal does it better than Norwegian. I like Norwegian and I loved the solo suite but I'm not a fan of their ships. I find them too crowded, to noisy, and more of a party like atmosphere. I'm the type of person that goes to bed early and is up early. I'd rather know that I don't have to worry about what noise is coming through the walls or from 2 floors down.

That being said..there are things about Norwegian that I wish Royal had...like the Thermal suite. I spent a lot of time in that spa last year and I would this year if it was available. They have something similar but it's not the same. The buffet on Norwegian is far better for hours of operation. It never closes..the one on Oasis does and it baffles me. There are people who would really enjoy a late night snack or a mid afternoon lunch but they close it at 3pm or there are no really good options at night. Like I said..apples and oranges.

Would I sail Oasis again...yes I most likely would. Would I sail Norwegian...if the price and destination were right then sure. I see me on Oasis more before I see myself on a Norwegian ship again. But that's my personal opinion and feeling. I'll be looking very carefully at all the options available for next winter once I get home.

Woohoo!! I'm happy to confirm I was able to use my Starbucks card on board to pay for my coffee tonight!!!

Card was in Canadian funds I'm assuming?

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

It's starting to sink in that tomorrow I must go back to the colder weather and work on Monday.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I've really enjoyed reading your post and it makes me more relaxed and excited about my upcoming trip in June.

Have an awesome last day at sea!

Can I ask about the origin of your interesting screen name? Are you a tornado chaser? roller coaster enthusiast? Chubby Checker fan?

Hahah sure you can.

I'm a roller coaster fan! My favourite is Wicked Twister at Cedar Point. Hence the name twisterfreak and the 2280 is the date and year I was born.