Tours in Sicily-Need Help!

I contacted Salvatore of Drive Amalfi for a tour to Taormina and Mt. Etna, but he is booked the day we will be in port. I did not see any other suggested private tour companies in the threads, and I have not been able to find anything on the web.

If someone knows a good tour company in Sicily, please pass that information on to me. Thanks!!

Joan

We were on the Liberty and used Sicily Life (http://www.sicilylife.com) which had been recommended by another CC member. Our driver, Antonio, was lovely (even when my 10 year son stuck his head out the window and vomited while driving down from Mt. Etna!). It was a cloudy and foggy day up at Mt. Etna but our boys loved climbing about and we enjoyed our best cappucino of the trip at the kiosk/souvenir shop. Afterwards we drove to Taormino where Antonio left us to wander around the Greek Theatre, check out the shops and have lunch. He came to pick us up later after having had the van washed. It was an enjoyable and relatively inexpensive day.

Halutznik or Trixsia- can you tell me a little more about this company before i book? Did he speak good english and explain things if need be or just a driver taking you to and from where you need to go?

Can you spend as much time as you want in Taromina or does he seem to be on a time schedule?

Sebastiano spoke perfect English and had a great sense of humor. He will do whatever you want for as long as you want. Be specific with what you want to do. We spent several hours in Taormina and he recommended restaurants for lunch. We also spent some time in the villages where parts of the Godfather was filmed. Beautiful countyside. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
We were on the Liberty and used Sicily Life (www.sicilylife.com) which had been recommended by another CC member. Our driver, Antonio, was lovely (even when my 10 year son stuck his head out the window and vomited while driving down from Mt. Etna!). It was a cloudy and foggy day up at Mt. Etna but our boys loved climbing about and we enjoyed our best cappucino of the trip at the kiosk/souvenir shop. Afterwards we drove to Taormino where Antonio left us to wander around the Greek Theatre, check out the shops and have lunch. He came to pick us up later after having had the van washed. It was an enjoyable and relatively inexpensive day.

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a terrific day. How much did it cost and how many people were in your group? We'll be there in May 2006 and are really looking forward to it. I'd like to put a tour together with a few of the people me met on the thread.

Archived