My time dining on RCI?

Pami1968

Sailing solo on the Anthem of the Seas, and I was forced to choose My Time Dining, since traditional dining was full.

Has anyone done this as a solo? Am I going to be eating alone each night? Because if that's the case, I might skip the dining rooms and stick to a buffet or specialty dining only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I sailed the Anthem last year it was still the Dynamic Dining and I was solo and did dinner solo too as it was only a short cruise. I have done My Time Dining many times on other ships and have dined solo and in groups. To be honest sitting with others can be hit or miss. I have met some very nice people and I've met some people I would prefer not to see the rest of the cruise. I say give both a try and if it doesn't work out you can do the buffet the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I much prefer to sit with the same people for dinner in the MDR so I was very upset when I could only get anytime dining (this was on HAL). I was prepared to eat by myself (and my book) in the Lido if I could not get it changed. Once I was onboard, I went to the Maitre d' and he found me a table in under 30 seconds. I might add it was a great group of people, too! We were usually the last table to leave we were having such a good time.

So my suggestion is to ask if you can be changed to fixed once you board. How hard can it be to find a seat for one person?

I have dined both solo and with others in the MDR. I have read that if you prefer not to dine alone, you can speak to the Maitre D' at the beginning of the cruise and they will make an effort to seat you at larger tables with others. Or, you might meet other singles and arrange to eat together. But I have found if you just show up for dinner and tell the hostess you don't mind sitting with others, they are likely to still seat you at a table for 2.

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I much prefer to sit with the same people for dinner in the MDR so I was very upset when I could only get anytime dining (this was on HAL). I was prepared to eat by myself (and my book) in the Lido if I could not get it changed. Once I was onboard, I went to the Maitre d' and he found me a table in under 30 seconds. I might add it was a great group of people, too! We were usually the last table to leave we were having such a good time.

So my suggestion is to ask if you can be changed to fixed once you board. How hard can it be to find a seat for one person?

Good Suggestion! I will try this and see if they can get me in somewhere.

When I sailed the Anthem last year it was still the Dynamic Dining and I was solo and did dinner solo too as it was only a short cruise. I have done My Time Dining many times on other ships and have dined solo and in groups. To be honest sitting with others can be hit or miss. I have met some very nice people and I've met some people I would prefer not to see the rest of the cruise. I say give both a try and if it doesn't work out you can do the buffet the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always done fixed time dining by myself, asking to be seated at a large table, and there are extremely few times that I've not enjoyed myself. In fact, the only complete miss was once I was seated with a family of 5. And me. It was uncomfortable for everyone.