5 Day Sunshine Review 12/26-12/31

jam19872016

Thank you for a wonderful review of the Sunshine. I will be sailing on her in May and was reading on another site that the walls in rooms are not magnetic. Do you happen to know if this is true?:)

I am not sure. I will check it out when I go back next week and let you know.

Great review! I have only been truly seasick once on a cruise and have been queasy one other time. Guess what? Both times we were sailing in December and the time I was actually sick we were all the way forward in a porthole cabin. Coincidence? I swore off December (and January in that case) cruises for that reason. I think it just chops up the water too much with the cold fronts- even if they don't look bad, they feel bad. Also, when you are far forward, you get a lot more motion.

We've had much better luck in March or June, the only other times of the year we have cruised.

We are considering the Sunshine for March 2018 so appreciate your honest review!

Thank-you so much for your time and sharing your vacation, it's greatly appreciated :)!

You're very welcome. I enjoy reliving it! :D

Thoroughly enjoyed your Cruise review! I am sailing on the Dream September 3 and had thought that Chris would be our CD...is it your understanding that he will be leaving the Dream after June???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to the current CD schedule, Chris is listed as the CD until 6/4 and then nobody is showing after that. It is possible when the schedules get updated that someone else will fill in for a month or so while he is on vacation and then Chris could be back on the Dream. Time will tell. I wish you luck, he is a fantastic CD.

Great review! I have only been truly seasick once on a cruise and have been queasy one other time. Guess what? Both times we were sailing in December and the time I was actually sick we were all the way forward in a porthole cabin. Coincidence? I swore off December (and January in that case) cruises for that reason. I think it just chops up the water too much with the cold fronts- even if they don't look bad, they feel bad. Also, when you are far forward, you get a lot more motion.

We've had much better luck in March or June, the only other times of the year we have cruised.

We are considering the Sunshine for March 2018 so appreciate your honest review!

I could never give up cruises in January :) November and December are blocked off for me so by the time January rolls around, I am jonesing to be on a ship. I will definitely be more careful about booking that far forward in the future.

I am mid-ship on my trip next week then far forward again on the trip after that. I am cruising solo and could not afford to be picky about my room so I booked a 1a on deck 1. Scary room but I got a great deal, will be sure to pack motion sickness pills for the next few cruises just in case.

I highly recommend this ship, I think you will love it! Whatever ship you choose, have a great cruise!

Thank you for such a great review. I'll be getting on when you're getting off next week.

I'm on deck eight also midship balcony and I was wondering (I briefly scanned back through your review and didn't notice it) but did you have a fridge? It's not a deal breaker for me but it's always nice to know what to expect.

Look forward to reading your next review. Possibly while I am on the Sunshine soaking up the sun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Could you let me know if there was a rock band and a Latin band onboard?? Do you have a fun times? If so could you post a photo

I had no luck getting the fun times scanned. I will be on another 5 day next week and I will get those posted plus they will be more up to date than these would be.

Thank you for such a great review. I'll be getting on when you're getting off next week.

I'm on deck eight also midship balcony and I was wondering (I briefly scanned back through your review and didn't notice it) but did you have a fridge? It's not a deal breaker for me but it's always nice to know what to expect.

Look forward to reading your next review. Possibly while I am on the Sunshine soaking up the sun.

I did not have a fridge in my room. If I remember correctly only suites and rooms built on during the Destiny-Sunshine conversion have them.

Glad you enjoyed the review! Have a great cruise :)

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Sunshine. We will be sailing her Thanksgiving week this year. We do have an aft extended balcony room and I am a little concerned about the rocking and rolling of the ship. I do love the aft cabin though. I will be looking forward to sailing now because of your review. I will ignore the negative reviews. You can't please everyone! Thanks again and enjoy your next cruise.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Sunshine. We will be sailing her Thanksgiving week this year. We do have an aft extended balcony room and I am a little concerned about the rocking and rolling of the ship. I do love the aft cabin though. I will be looking forward to sailing now because of your review. I will ignore the negative reviews. You can't please everyone! Thanks again and enjoy your next cruise.

You will have a blast. Enjoy your cruise!

Great review! Why can't I see pics? Format issue?

I'm not sure, they still appear to be working fine for me. Try using a different browser or restarting?

Thanks for the great review, I enjoyed reading it. My husband and I will be on The Sunshine for the last cruise (or so I've been told) out of Norfolk, Va. This is cruise #5, but have never been on The Sunshine. So far we've done Holland America's Maasdam (A wonderful ship. I loved it.), then Carnival Triumph, Glory and Splendor. I always enjoy reading about the ship I'm going to be sailing on by someone who has actually sailed on her. Hopefully our trip won't feel too crowded, husband hates crowds but I expect them on a ship. Anyway, thanks again.

Thanks for the great review, I enjoyed reading it. My husband and I will be on The Sunshine for the last cruise (or so I've been told) out of Norfolk, Va. This is cruise #5, but have never been on The Sunshine. So far we've done Holland America's Maasdam (A wonderful ship. I loved it.), then Carnival Triumph, Glory and Splendor. I always enjoy reading about the ship I'm going to be sailing on by someone who has actually sailed on her. Hopefully our trip won't feel too crowded, husband hates crowds but I expect them on a ship. Anyway, thanks again.

Glad you enjoyed the review! I think you will love sailing on Sunshine it is a great ship. I didn't feel like it was any more crowded than what I am used to on any other ship.

It was a pleasure to meet you this week on the Sunshine! Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did!

It was great meeting you! I never expected to actually run into someone who recognized me, I almost feel like a celebrity lol! I had a blast on this trip and hope to do a proper (weeklong) trip on her someday there is just no way to do everything in five days on a ship with so much variety.

I enjoyed reading your review - sorry your Mom didn't have a good time. Looking forward to your future reviews.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. It is okay I don't think she was going to have a good time either way. If we do it again it will have to be someplace more destination oriented like Alaska or Europe. I will have a review of my cruise I just got off of up soon :D

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review. We will be on Sunshine January 2018 for the first time. It's great to hear that Chris will be on the Dream for our cruise in May! Our first cruise was on the Conquest in 2013 and he was just part of the cast then. They had a special show for him to try out his solo show for the first time. All the bigwigs of the ship were there to watch. It was a wonderful show, one of the best I've ever seen on Carnival. As that was his first show I can only assume it's even better now.

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review. We will be on Sunshine January 2018 for the first time. It's great to hear that Chris will be on the Dream for our cruise in May! Our first cruise was on the Conquest in 2013 and he was just part of the cast then. They had a special show for him to try out his solo show for the first time. All the bigwigs of the ship were there to watch. It was a wonderful show, one of the best I've ever seen on Carnival. As that was his first show I can only assume it's even better now.

You're welcome and thanks for reading along. Sunshine is a wonderful ship and I am sure you will love her. So lucky to have Chris, while I liked Emma I really would have loved to have Chris as my CD again he was just that great. If I ever have the chance I will be sure to catch his show again it was fantastic. Enjoy your trip, I would love to sail from New Orleans one day.

You're welcome and thanks for reading along. Sunshine is a wonderful ship and I am sure you will love her. So lucky to have Chris, while I liked Emma I really would have loved to have Chris as my CD again he was just that great. If I ever have the chance I will be sure to catch his show again it was fantastic. Enjoy your trip, I would love to sail from New Orleans one day.

New Orleans is a great port in a great town! My experience though is that Port Canaveral is an easier port for embarking. New Orleans is much closer to me though!

New Orleans is a great port in a great town! My experience though is that Port Canaveral is an easier port for embarking. New Orleans is much closer to me though!

I would just like to visit New Orleans and since I love to cruise so much, taking a cruise from NOLA seems like a great idea. Celebrity offers a 10 day cruise from Florida that overnights in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. That would be so cool, but the price tag is I'm afraid out of my budget at $1500 pp.