Cruising with a group - what are the benefits?

AIH2017

We are cruising with a group of about 15 cabins this summer on NCL Escape. It doesn't appear that there is much in the way of benefits for booking as a group. Originally it was just two couples going and the promo at the time was a pick 2 promo (we both picked UBP and the Dining Package). Once more couples joined us we were transferred to group status and we thought that would be great. Looking at the website it ways for every 7 cabins booked you get to pick two promos. NCL tells me we already picked two promos... but those were offered to everyone who booked way back when. Anyone have any experience good or bad in booking with a group? What can I ask for from NCL?

According to the website you are supposed to get special offers

https://www.ncl.com/group-cruises

Its showing that you can either get for every 14 passengers & 2 cabins 2 people cruise free, OR you get to pick from the list of offers. That's what's on here, not sure if you're using a travel agent or a personal cruise consultant but you would probably get better help by asking them.

We are cruising with a group of about 15 cabins this summer on NCL Escape. It doesn't appear that there is much in the way of benefits for booking as a group. Originally it was just two couples going and the promo at the time was a pick 2 promo (we both picked UBP and the Dining Package). Once more couples joined us we were transferred to group status and we thought that would be great. Looking at the website it ways for every 7 cabins booked you get to pick two promos. NCL tells me we already picked two promos... but those were offered to everyone who booked way back when. Anyone have any experience good or bad in booking with a group? What can I ask for from NCL?

You really should've found/used a top producing TA for NCL who could handle this in a flash. That said, call NCL and ask for group sales supervisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You get to choose two perks, many of which are offered in the current promo. Plus you get one free cruise fare per 7 cabins. One major bonus is you do not have to pay the service charge fee for the beverage package perk, so I would definitely go with that one! Note that not everyone in your group has to choose the same perks.

Thanks all for the replies! Unfortunately we booked directly through NCL. Our first rep was great and took great care of us, but once we got to 20 cabins they switched us to a group person who still has not contacted everyone to let them know he is our new rep. I did speak to a group supervisor who advised me that we could cancel the cruise if we wanted (now THAT'S customer service!!!!) UGH! This was such a big deal to us to cruise for out 25th anniversary! and to have friends and family join us was icing on the cake!!! But NCL is ruining this for us. I have been told by the rep and the supv that we can get one room for free (which we are sharing among the group - $75 pp) and the UBP and Dining that we thought we chose as the promo just for booking the cruise are now part of booking as a group. Wonder if our group goes down to less than 8 if they will remove those too! They just keep telling me that's not how it was booked... not my issue how they booked it on their end, but evidently it is. Not a fan so far. I'm afraid that all of my complaining has put a big old black mark by our group # so NOTHING will be easy going forward. Any help or advice is appreciated! I do appreciate the fact that you all read this the same way all of us did!!

They switched us to a group ... that's not the issue. The issue is that the promos offered as individual bookings have gone away since we booked as a group, so really there was not much benefit for switching to a group... which seems silly since we brought them $50k in bookings!

Nope ... Hamilton_Rob. No gratuities applied. We really are getting nothing for booking 16 cabins other than about $75 credit per person. We are being told our promos which were available for ANYONE booking last Feb have to be applied to our group promos, so we lose any extra group promos we should have received. The bummer of this how we were treated by NCL. I mean really... when customer service says "we can cancel your cruise and give you your money back" is not really an option in the customer service world! She was awful and mean and really... I'm a totally nice person!!!!

You get to choose two perks, many of which are offered in the current promo. Plus you get one free cruise fare per 7 cabins. One major bonus is you do not have to pay the service charge fee for the beverage package perk, so I would definitely go with that one! Note that not everyone in your group has to choose the same perks.

Nope! Told the service fee still has to be paid and has been added to all bookings!

Again... i think i'm being screwed!! But cant' get anyone at NCL to help!