Carnival Hub

mosully143

My daughter bought the social package on her last fun day at sea on the Breeze recently since the weather and seas precluded them from being outside for very long. We had a lengthy FB messenger video call with her as she walked around the ship. The video quality was definitely not good but we were able to hear her with no issues...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

it might vary from ship to ship. on the pride the internet speeds were very slow. i had the premium package that advertised that you could video call on skype etc. i couldn't use any apps to make a phone call. tried whatsapp, facebook messenger, or imessage. the speed was too low. i used whatsapp to text back and forth to keep in touch.

mosully, the Hub and the internet are 2 different things. The Hub is the bomb but has no internet connectivity

Hmmm- haven't had the chance to try it yet but from what I read, there is a component of the Hub that is online... if you pay $5 per day you can use the ship's internet to text other members of your cabin party on the same ship.

Can someone confirm?

Another question- if you get the Social Media package, does that enable the Hub's Chat function mentioned above?

Hmmm- haven't had the chance to try it yet but from what I read, there is a component of the Hub that is online... if you pay $5 per day you can use the ship's internet to text other members of your cabin party on the same ship.

Can someone confirm?

Another question- if you get the Social Media package, does that enable the Hub's Chat function mentioned above?

Not quite.

The Hub chat feature lets you chat with other people using the Hub chat feature. It is $5 flat fee for the length of the cruise (not per day.)

The $5 / day social media internet package will let you use social media apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.

If you only need to chat with your shipmates, then you would only pay $5 per person to use the Hub chat for the length of your cruise. No need to get the Social Media internet package. If you want to use Facebook messenger, Twitter, etc. AND chat with the Hub app, you would do the $5/day Social Media package and the $5 (one-time fee) for the Hub chat feature.

Edited by BigTex71

Not quite.

The Hub chat feature lets you chat with other people using the Hub chat feature. It is $5 flat fee for the length of the cruise (not per day.)

The $5 / day social media internet package will let you use social media apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.

If you only need to chat with your shipmates, then you would only pay $5 per person to use the Hub chat for the length of your cruise. No need to get the Social Media internet package. If you want to use Facebook messenger, Twitter, etc. AND chat with the Hub app, you would do the $5/day Social Media package and the $5 (one-time fee) for the Hub chat feature.

Thanks Tex- that's exactly the info I was looking for...