Galveston port charge?

calazula

My family and extended family are about to go on a RCCL cruise leaving from Galveston. After some research, we decided that we'd take 2 rental cars to drop everyone off at the port before they were returned to Texas City and have the drivers taxi back.

However, I'm now seeing via some threads that the Port charges a pick-up/drop-off fee?!?! Can anyone help clarify what the situation is here for passenger pick up/drop off?

TIA.

Me and 13 other family members are going to leave from Galveston too. We are talked to the owner of HF Quality taxi and shuttle service and he said that the port charges $30 for any vehicle to get in. I'm not sure about any additional charges for keeping your vehicle in the parking lot or multiple days, your rental car service might charge you too. Like I said we are using HF Quality taxi for only $5 a person if the taxi parks right outside the port or they charge $10 and person for driving you directly inside the port. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me and 13 other family members are going to leave from Galveston too. We are talked to the owner of HF Quality taxi and shuttle service and he said that the port charges $30 for any vehicle to get in. I'm not sure about any additional charges for keeping your vehicle in the parking lot or multiple days, your rental car service might charge you too. Like I said we are using HF Quality taxi for only $5 a person if the taxi parks right outside the port or they charge $10 and person for driving you directly inside the port. Hope this helps!

Does not cost anything for private vehicles to drop off/pick up, only vehicles for hire. You may want to shop around, other companies for hire list on their website that the current rate is $20 for each pass through the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My family and extended family are about to go on a RCCL cruise leaving from Galveston. After some research, we decided that we'd take 2 rental cars to drop everyone off at the port before they were returned to Texas City and have the drivers taxi back.

However, I'm now seeing via some threads that the Port charges a pick-up/drop-off fee?!?! Can anyone help clarify what the situation is here for passenger pick up/drop off?

TIA.

When we travel with our kids my husband drops our bags, myself & the kids off at the terminal then he goes and parks never a drop off fee. There is a fee for vehicles for hire (cab, limo, shuttle, bus, etc.)

TIA.

Please share the link to that thread.

So if you are going to get a taxi to enterprise rental in Galveston, we would really need to walk outside the port or pay an additional $20 port charge for the 2.8 mile ride? Called Enterprise, no shuttle. Making plans for our return in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the thread!

I've been reading this board for over 8 months and also have never heard of the additional $20 port charge for drop offs of taxis, shuttles, etc. I emailed a few of the shuttle companies yesterday and got back replies that yes, in fact that charge is additional. Yet none of them tell you that upfront!

One told me we could ask to be dropped off at the Starbucks across the streen and just walk over.

Anyone know--is it really just "across the street" - and easy with all our luggage?

I've been reading this board for over 8 months and also have never heard of the additional $20 port charge for drop offs of taxis, shuttles, etc. I emailed a few of the shuttle companies yesterday and got back replies that yes, in fact that charge is additional. Yet none of them tell you that upfront!

One told me we could ask to be dropped off at the Starbucks across the streen and just walk over.

Anyone know--is it really just "across the street" - and easy with all our luggage?

It is right across the street from the Carnival terminal, a bit of a walk to Royal Caribbean's if you have more than a suitcase each or do not have good wheels. But many people do walk over from the parking places. If you are going Royal I would have them drop you off across from the ship not at Starbucks

After doing some research on prices, including the "surcharge", I'm going to do the following: There are four of us so the cheapest shuttle would be $20 pp each way=$80 + surcharge = $100 or 25 pp.

I'm going to use Uber to get us there from Houston which should be around $90, and much easier/quicker than a shuttle.

Going back to the airport, I'm going to use GetMe - their pricing came out to about $100. Yes, about same price as shuttle, but so much easier/quicker. I can leave when I want and don't have to wait for the shuttle.