Frommer's names M-Class 5-star ships

flagger

For most, X is a mainstream ship. Usually, that determination is based on ship size. The case may be made for it being at one end of the mainstream group or in some nebulous "premium mainstream" category but nonetheless, ships are usually compared by passenger capacity and price range.

That said, kudos for X for surpassing so many ships of similar size and price points. It truly is an achievement. I'm very satisfied that Frommer's categories for evaluation match mine, in terms of what I'm hoping for out of a line (except for the children's club, which is irrelevant to me). If X doesn't work out for us, we'll likely try one of the two Princess ships named next, since they also receive the new 5 stars.

I'm also pleased at the diversity of ships acknowledged in the 4.5 star range, including the other three X ships and Navigator, which we quite enjoyed.

The ratings seemed to be based on the ships alone rather than the entire cruising experience offered by the cruiseline.

That seems fair, since they're rating ships and not cruises. I'm sure that in any Frommers cruise book, they also rate the more holistic cruise experience that each line offers.

Archived