Dawn 11510 Questions

Hello! Due to price drops, I called NCL last night and got upgraded from a family suite with balcony to a 2 bedroom family suite, 11510. The confirmation states this cabin has an enclosed balcony. If I look at photos of the ship, I see 5 hull openings behind the bridge that appear to be enclosed balconies, followed by 3 standard balconies and then a bumped out window, which would fit the bathroom of the 2 bedroom suite. If I look at deck plans, there is a white area immediately behind the bridge, followed by 3 balcony cabins, then 11510. So, does anyone know if those 5 hull openings are a crew only area with 11510 being the bumped out window and balcony behind it? Or is 11510 in that forward area with the balconies enclosed in the hull? Anyone have post-dry dock photos of this cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing to worry about on 11510 - the "enclosure" on the balcony is extremely minimal. I think they are referring to the rounded border by the front top of the balcony ceiling. There are three mini suites forward of 11510. We had this suite for 14 days on the Dawn repositioning cruise in 2015 and loved it.

Here is link to youtube video posted by Chesneygirl of suite 11020. It is mirror image of 11510 since it is on other side of the ship. The balcony tour starts 3:34 into the video.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your suite and the Dawn.

Thank you! Comparing deck plans and photos of the ship exterior, am I correct in thinking there's a floor to ceiling window in the shower?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes - - see video posted. It is very close to floor to ceiling. The view from the shower window is shown at 3:29 into the video. Shower is wonderful - - there is a pull down shade if the window worries you.

Edited by kjquilts

Yes - - see video posted. It is very close to floor to ceiling. The view from the shower window is shown at 3:29 into the video. Shower is wonderful - - there is a pull down shade if the window worries you.

Yes, and don't forget to pull the shade if you take a bath, the tub window faces your balcony.

• 4 weeks later...

The floor to ceiling window in the bathroom is in the shower stall. First time we had one of those was on the Pride of America. in Hawaii. Had the 2 bedroom on the Epic in the Med a couple years ago. It is a great substitute for the Owner's Suite on ships that don't have the OS.