Caribbean Princess Balconey Question

abowsi

I've booked a balconey cabin on the Baha Deck, category BD, midship for the three of us - self, husband and 5 year old son. This is our first time sailing Princess and I can't seem to get a "visual" of what a balconey of this category looks like. I do know that there is a table and chairs but does anyone know the actual size of the balconey?

As always, any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Baja balconies are the width of the cabin and about 5 feet deep (to the rail). There are opaque dividers on each side with a door in them in case you are traveling with others in the balcony next door. The door is locked unless the room steward unlocks it in the case mentioned. Baja balconies are covered. The rail is topped with wood, and the rest of it is a blue tinted plexiglass. The door from the cabin to the balcony is a sliding glass door, and will stay open by itself. If it tends to slowly close when you want it to stay open, simply turn the handle in the locked position after you have opened the door. The floor is most likely covered with square tiles of a blue rubber/plastic material. The balcony will be semi-private - your lower neighbors can look up and see you at the rail, and your next door neighbors could lean around and peek into your balcony if they were so inclined. It is safe for your child, as the rail is waist high on an adult and there are no spaces between it. I hope I've covered it all - I'm sure someone will post a pic.

We had a balcony on the Riviera Deck which is the same size as the Baja. We had plenty of room to have our round table and 2 chairs to walk between the table and the door. Had plenty of room for each of us to stand on each side of the table and look off the blacony. You will have plenty of room and I bet you can even have the steward to bring a chair for your son. You can have 3 chairs at that table and when you are done stack two chairs together for walking room.

Archived