Best dining times for a Norwegian Fjords cruise

2011mom

For my 7-day Norwegian Fjords cruise, I chose the 6pm traditional dining time, but now I'm wondering if I should choose the anytime dining option. I usually like the early fixed time because I don't want to wait at busy times, and I like to meet new people and sit with them each night. But will I want to be sitting down to dinner when we are cruising through such beautiful scenery? Maybe it would be better to be flexible? For anyone who's been on a similar itinerary, what are your thoughts?

I like fixed dining but, hate! early seating FAR too early for me to eat :)

But that is just personal.

However if you are going in the summer say June/July it can still be amazingly warm and sunny at 18:00 and for me it is a shame to miss sitting out on deck/balcony enjoying the weather and having to go and get changed for dinner about 17:00.

That said if you are going in summer it will still be light till well after 22:00, in fact even in southern Norway it only gets dark for a couple of hours around 23:00 to 04:00 ish so, depending on where you are cruising you could have plenty of time to enjoy that amazing scenery after dinner,

Hope that helps

It will be worth your while looking at what the scheduled departure times are for your Fjord ports. If it looks as though your early dining times are going to coincide with the sail out then, subject to what I say below you might indeed want to switch to anytime dining.

Personally, I think the sails in to Flam and Gerainger are even more spectacular than the evening sails out so I make sure I wake early and get out on deck (so that I can see both sides of the ship).

Sent from my iPad using Forums