Chance/cost of an upsell--Breakaway (Bermuda)?

lmintzer

So--update as of now--

I booked an aft balcony on 9 (since I could hold it with just $150 down). I figure I now have until the end of April if I want to change my mind. Should be more clear on summer plans then and if the date I picked--July 23--will even work. Was able to book with $200 OBC too (Latitutes member plus Dash sale--not bad at all!).

Still considering whether I should really treat myself--and enjoy Haven privileges. The nice calm breakfasts/lunches in the Haven restaurant sound wonderful! So does ordering room service to eat on the balcony! Plus the in-room espresso maker--and extra closet space! The Haven sundeck and lounge and courtyard sound fantastic for someone who tends to like things less crowded. I guess my options are to potentially bid on a 2 bedroom and see what happens. Or, I could re-consider switching my reservation to the Aft Haven suite (H6). When I first posted, I wasn't sure if sleeping arrangement would work, but I have recently stumbled across some posts that describe families bringing a twin air matress and using that for a 2nd living room bed. I think I would prefer the configuration of the suites that have an extra door to the balcony from the bedroom. I like the idea of having access to natural light when in the bedroom and being able to walk outside without waking anyone. This would entail me booking on 11 (lowest deck with this configuration). Because I really don't want to have to deal with Spice H20, I would not want to end up on 13 or 14, so if I want to upgrade, I would probably just have to suck it up and change my reservation as opposed to waiting to bid. It's shame with the new system that you "get what you get" and don't have a chance to approve/disapprove a particular stateroom.

Sorry to ramble. Thanks for helping me think through all of this.