Can you request a waiter?

E23NK1

Thanks for posting...that is some cool bad news.

Well I guess we are looking for a new waiter...lol.

You are on your cruise before me...so post back on who you have...maybe I will request that person then.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Eric

I put the electronics away 100% when on vacation, so I will not be able to post back here til the day after you board the Freedom for your cruise, but I will try to remember to do so.

I am told that the dining staff do get moved around from cruise to cruise, so Leo working as a supervisor in the Windjammer may not be his permanent role (though it may be). I will be asking at the dining kiosk when we board to see if Leo is still up in the Windjammer. If not, I will be requesting him. If he is up there, I will be sure to look for him and let him know that several of us online were praising him and had contacted RCCL asking for him as our waiter since he was awesome.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from our cruise on the Freedom and I can confirm that you can request a particular server prior to sailing and they will try to accommodate you. We requested and had Leo Ocray again. He made our cruise amazing once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would let those who were interested in this topic know that we returned back a week ago from our cruise on the Freedom. We had emailed a request to have Leo again as our server after having fantastic service from him last year. Our request was honoured and we had him (and Cecile) on our cruise on March 12th. Outstanding service once again by Leo and thanks to RCCL for letting me email in this request and honouring it.

As a side note, I am currently on hold on the phone making another reservation (for 2019) on the Freedom. Is it too early to request Leo again? Guess I will have to wait another 22 months or so before I try this again.

Just thought I would let those who were interested in this topic know that we returned back a week ago from our cruise on the Freedom. We had emailed a request to have Leo again as our server after having fantastic service from him last year. Our request was honoured and we had him (and Cecile) on our cruise on March 12th. Outstanding service once again by Leo and thanks to RCCL for letting me email in this request and honouring it.

As a side note, I am currently on hold on the phone making another reservation (for 2019) on the Freedom. Is it too early to request Leo again? Guess I will have to wait another 22 months or so before I try this again.

Thanks for the update...I just sent an email requesting Leo for our cruise in 2 weeks...hoping we can get him again as well.

Thanks for the update...I just sent an email requesting Leo for our cruise in 2 weeks...hoping we can get him again as well.

The ship replied directly to me regarding this. I just sent them a thank-you for arranging Leo to serve us once again (and requesting him again for our 2019 cruise on the Freedom - yeah, I know it is a long way off, but I will check again in 2019 to see if he is still on the Freedom.

Below is the email address of the individual ON the Freedom who actually handled my request. You may want to email them directly (they may wonder how you got the email, but it may cut out the middleman).

Fr_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator@rccl.com

The ship replied directly to me regarding this. I just sent them a thank-you for arranging Leo to serve us once again (and requesting him again for our 2019 cruise on the Freedom - yeah, I know it is a long way off, but I will check again in 2019 to see if he is still on the Freedom.

Below is the email address of the individual ON the Freedom who actually handled my request. You may want to email them directly (they may wonder how you got the email, but it may cut out the middleman).

Fr_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator@rccl.com

Thanks for the info...I sent a request to this email as well...cant hurt to cover all bases.