Honeymoon Cruise on Elation April 2017

cruisenovice2017

Good morning. My wife and I got married back in November and put off our honeymoon until April so we could go on a cruise. This will be the first cruise for both of us. It's on Carnival leaving our of Jacksonville on the Elation headed to Freeport, Nassau, and Half Moon Cay. We are staying at the Springhill Suites the night before. I am sure I will have a ton more questions, but a few that come to mind right off the bat, where is a good place to park so I don't have to pay $15 per day? Do I need to purchase FTTF for that port or is it pretty efficient as far as embarkation and debarkation? Which wifi package gives you the most bang for your buck? Are excursions worth the price or should we just enjoy relaxing on the beach? We're trying to keep this budget friendly and we will like having a few drinks each day, is the Cheers package worth the money? Are the a la carte prices bad and do they have drink specials? Any and all advice for a couple of virgin cruises will be appreciated!

$15 a day is a good price compared to other ports. Consider the safety of your vehicle.

FTTF is also good for having your room ready when you board, dedicated line at guest services and priority tender.

I don't purchase wifi. I try and find free WiFi in ports.

I like to do at least one excursion and at least one beach day.

I don't purchase cheers but we are not heavy drinkers. My husband gets a buckets of beer and I get a couple of frozen drinks a day so it's not worth it to us. I think to break even you need to drink 6 a day.

Purchase a case of water before hand at the fun shops to be delivered to your stateroom. And don't forget you can each bring on a bottle of wine and 12 pop.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your marriage!

My daughter and I did our first cruise on Elation in November. We used Jetway parking. It is right across the street from the terminal. $35 for the length of the cruise. There is a van shuttle that takes you across the street and drops you off at the terminal. We had FTTF so we were on and off the ship very quickly.

Half Moon Cay is absolutely beautiful, maybe the most beautiful beach and water I have ever seen. We did the horseback riding excursion. We rode on the beach and in the ocean. It was a phenomenal experience. I highly recommend it.

I had the Cheers package and utilized it well. I thought it was worth every penny. Specialty coffees, a mimosa at breakfast, fruity rum drink and couple of beers by the pool in the afternoon and wine at night... easy to break even without getting intoxicated.

We downloaded the Hub app. The chat feature was $5 per device. This allowed us to text one another and our friends on the ship. There is a social media package. It was pretty inexpensive. I can't remember the exact price. We purchased it on day 3 or 4 so we could facebook message family back home.

We loved our first cruise! The service was outstanding.

I hope you have a great time!