Bidding for haven on Escape

cruizecrazygramma

Feb 4th on Escape. Bid on 4 Haven Suites at below "fair" on the scale. Bid the same amount for each. I don't know what the actual scale reading was since I can't access it now. Not sure if I paid too much but bid on what I thought it was worth for us so happy with the final result.

Thx I'm the week after you! Praying I get into the Haven!! Was lucky with upsell last 2 trips H5 Epic in Europe and Garden Villa on Dawn. Hoping I'm still on a roll with this new process.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if a travel agent starting with Price is participating in the bidding process? I have called a couple of times and the agents did not know about it. Next time I call I'll ask for a supervisor. My cruise isn't until Nov of this year on Escape. Thanks

I just bid on a H6 (Aft Penthouse) and H7 (forward penthouse) for our April cruise. I doubt I will get either one, but can those who have stayed in these tell me if our 3rd & 4th guests (our kiddos) will share the sofa bed? I'm assuming there are no pullman beds in these cabins. If anyone has a picture of the Haven rooms with the sofa folded into a bed, I'd love to see it.

Thanks!

I'm going on April 15 but did not receive an offer to bid, I was wondering what day your sailing and what type of cabin your in that they offered you a upgrade. I'm in a M6, so the only next room for 4 would be the Haven.

Thanks

I put in a barely above minimum H6 for our March 25th sailing. Wasn't feeling great about it's chances,really. Then a good friend booked on the same sailing in a single studio. Felt like I would feel guilty if we used the perks we would have while "ditching" her.

Cancelled the bid and hope to have other opportunities in the future. We got the chance to upsell on the Pearl and it was certainly a great week!

Actually landed up "spending the bid" on another cruise. A win in its own right!

I'm going on April 15 but did not receive an offer to bid, I was wondering what day your sailing and what type of cabin your in that they offered you a upgrade. I'm in a M6, so the only next room for 4 would be the Haven.

Thanks

We are also on the April 15 sailing. We are originally had a mid ship mini suite (MC). I doubt we will "win".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi All

When you make a bid due you know what you bidding for, Say you would like move from a balcony to Suites, can you or due to have to let NCl pick for you.

Say I Make a bid for 1500 would be for Suites the Haven I would only bid about 500 for MINI SUITES, my question is due you have choice what you are bidding.

Thanks for any help

Hi All

When you make a bid due you know what you bidding for, Say you would like move from a balcony to Suites, can you or due to have to let NCl pick for you.

Say I Make a bid for 1500 would be for Suites the Haven I would only bid about 500 for MINI SUITES, my question is due you have choice what you are bidding.

Thanks for any help

You bid on each category you want that is available for bidding. I bid on multiple Haven categories and didn't bother with mini suite. They do get to pick the cabin# if one of your bids is accepted. You have to be careful. If I would of bid excellent on some it wouldn't of saved me anything then if I just called and upgraded and in fact then I would of gotten ALL the options in the "PICK" if I upgraded instead. Even "GOOD" was only a small savings, so it all depends on what you paid in the first place.

You bid on each category you want that is available for bidding. I bid on multiple Haven categories and didn't bother with mini suite. They do get to pick the cabin# if one of your bids is accepted. You have to be careful. If I would of bid excellent on some it wouldn't of saved me anything then if I just called and upgraded and in fact then I would of gotten ALL the options in the "PICK" if I upgraded instead. Even "GOOD" was only a small savings, so it all depends on what you paid in the first place.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Thx I'm the week after you! Praying I get into the Haven!! Was lucky with upsell last 2 trips H5 Epic in Europe and Garden Villa on Dawn. Hoping I'm still on a roll with this new process.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Care to share if your successful bids were either fair or good and what your original cabin was? Thanks 😀

• 1 month later...

We are sailing on April 1 on the Escape and are currently booked in a Balcony B2 cabin. I am traveling with my long term SO and his youngest son who is 18. I have purchased this cruise to celebrate his 18th birthday and his graduating high school. Truthfully me and my SO would be going anyhow, at a different time, in a smaller cabin even if we were't celebrating. My SO is a little sad because our trips tend to be romantic, and this one we are sharing a cabin with his son. :confused: It dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that my SO is turning 50 this fall and has said he does not want a party or anything to celebrate. I have been killing myself trying to come up with a good gift idea for him when it came to me -- upgrade our cabin to a really cool Haven 2 room suite! Something we will probably never do again in our lifetime!

But now I want that upgrade really, really bad so I think I may be bidding emotionally, if you know what I mean. There are only 2 cabins left in the category I want and only 3 total in Haven. Right now I am in the upper half of the "good" level. If I booked this cabin for the 3 of us out right I would be spending about $900 more. Should I bid a little higher? Have I bid too high already?

Help! I don't know what to do!!!