Airport transfer - time and price (Port Everglades - Miami)

carlmm

After arriving with the Equinox in Fort Lauderdale I will fly home the same day from Miami airport.

Yet my flight (to Europe) is in the evening only, at 7 pm.

I assume Celebrity does offer airport transfers.

At what time?

(For example Cunard offers airport transfers in the afternoon for guests with late flights - does Celebrity, too?)

How much do they charge?

Most of the FLL based shuttles (SAS, QLS, etc.) are not licensed for the MIA airport. :( Go Airport Shuttle, Super Shuttle and American Shuttle are the options I found -- about $35 per person the last time I checked.

A taxi from PE to MIA will run about $75-80+tip and Uber on the same run will be closer to $45 (I know which one I would choose ;))

You are likely to be off the ship about 9:00 and do not need to be at MIA until about 4:00 -- I would look at a ship sponsored excursion that will fill some of the hours and drop you at MIA.

Another option is to rent a car one way (FLL to MIA) and go where you want for the day. If you can find a hotel offering day rates you could store your bags and explore FLL before heading to MIA - water taxi, beach, Las Olas, etc.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Check the FLA board for more info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

There is a hotel inside the MIA airport - cleverly called the Miami Airport Hotel - that offers day rates (but no pool :()

Would go for the car rental option as well: maybe visit Sawgrass Outlet Mall before heading for MIA airport (no issues with bagage storage and no drop off charges for pick-up FLL and drop-off MIA)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is an excursion for $79 that is a tour of Fort Lauderdale and a boat cruise on the intercoastal. It then drops you off at FLL or MIA depending on which bus you are on. The tour also works if you are on a b2b as the bus returns to the port to drop the tour guide off. The bus got to MIA at about 3. It worked for me as my flight didn't leave MIA until 6.

Edited by wendychloecruiser