Dawn suite TV/DVD inputs

Greetings! We will be traveling in a 2 br family suite on Dawn. Do the TVs or DVD players have USB inputs? If so, has anyone had any luck playing video from a thumb drive? Any file formats that were problematic? Are there DVD players attached to the bedroom TVs or just the living room?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband tried to airplay downloaded movies on his iPad, but was not successful. I'll ask him for further details later. This was December on the Dawn in an OS.

I don't recall any DVD players, either in the bedroom or living room. You can "rent" (for free) movies On Demand.

Ok, got the lowdown from hubby. He says that the TVs have both HDMI and USB ports; however, there is no way to change the input/source. He recommends that if you have a Samsung TV at home, bring along the remote to see if that'll work changing the input. When he hooked into the TV, the input did not automatically change.

Greetings! We will be traveling in a 2 br family suite on Dawn. Do the TVs or DVD players have USB inputs? If so, has anyone had any luck playing video from a thumb drive? Any file formats that were problematic? Are there DVD players attached to the bedroom TVs or just the living room?

I know this is not what you are asking, but one of the suite perks (not listed on NCL's site) is that you get free On Demand videos. We used that option several times.

You could also try using a remote app on your phone depending on the model. My Samsung Note 4 has IR blaster (remote) capability with the built in Peel app. Good luck! We sail the Dawn 2/5!

Thanks! I'll try to find an app. We're on the same sailing as you. This next week and a half can't pass quickly enough!

Thanks! I'll try to find an app. We're on the same sailing as you. This next week and a half can't pass quickly enough!

Sure can't! Only EIGHT days until New Orleans for us too! If you guys need to give my phone app a shot just track me down by the pink hair and my honey's shaved head. :) hahaha

I have heard of people buying a generic universal remote.

I just unplug the HDMI cable and plug in the HDMI adapter I have for my Android phone and ipad to watch downloaded movies or to stream. I am probably going to bring a 2 port HDMI switch I have on our next cruise as it is 13 nights and I have heard the TV options are not very good.